s211 Steering Shimmy Deep joy lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Recently had both forward front arms changed, the brands were different, the car has developed a steering shimmy 48 -56 mph, just feel it when i have a light touch on the steering wheel.

Ive also been getting a creaking from the nsf which im thinking is the forward lower arm agian which was replaced.

Ive been under the car and there is lateral movement in both arm which were replaced is this normal?

Ive got another arm togo on and have noticed the Rear bush seems alot heavier design than the last too which were fitted.

Things ive ruled Out, Wheels, Tyres, Balancing as all have been replaced for new and it doesnt alter with Rpm deffo from the front.

Hopefully fitting the new arm on the n/s tomorrow so i will let you guys know how i get on.

Does anyone know if its best to have the car on the ground when releasing the the arm from the chassis and refit the same way? If that's the case i take it the ball joint will clear the Tie rod end ok?

Use only mb suspension parts. No problems at all.

Well just thought id update the above as sometimes peeps ask questions and never post when they get to the bottom of the issues, tonight i fitted a new Nsf wishbone and hey presto! no more vibration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom