s211 windscreen cracked for the 3rd time....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dazzler

Car
W211 Estate 320CDI, E55 AMG 54 plate.
I'm at my wits end with this. The 3rd genuine screen to need replacement for the smallest stone mark I've ever seen. Screen actually cracks a few days after the event.
Think my insurance company may well refuse this one.
Are MB screens totally crap now??? My original screen was peppered with little marks before it finally cracked...
What to do......thinking of going to MB for a moan but not feeling optimistic of a positive outcome.

I'm currently on my third in 13 months with my W205. Have a stone chip in that one as well, it's a pain in the backside and I'm sure they don't make them like the used to!

Clearly something wrong. Are these genuine MB screens ? A local one man band screen installer told me that the average cost to him of a screen is £60- you can imagine the quality. Time to take it further with the supplier methinks.

oldguy57 said:
Clearly something wrong. Are these genuine MB screens ? A local one man band screen installer told me that the average cost to him of a screen is £60- you can imagine the quality. Time to take it further with the supplier methinks.
interestingly I don't recall seeing the signature on the factory fit one but the other two I've had since have the squiggle in the bottom corner by the dash.

One plus point is that the chip hasn't worsened even with the near zero temperatures recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom