S212 3 child seats in 2nd row

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ro-76

Car
E class estate
I'm buying a 2015 S212 and I while it does have 7 seats, I want to be able to put 3 child seats across the 2nd row so that I can use the full boot space for holidays etc. The kids are 7, 5 and 1, so I'll have 1 group 1 seat and 2 group 2/3 seats.

As with the 5 series saloon that I'm currently driving, there is enough space across the seat, but the issue is the shape and placement of the seat belt anchors. The contour is really intended to seat 2 people comfortably and with the child seats, the two outer seats tend to drift towards the centre, making it difficult to get the third seat in the middle.

I have often wondered about making a dense foam cushion to level out the back seat somewhat.
Has anyone else had this challenge and figured out a solution?

Thx

I've managed to get three across in a W205. As you say, the middle seat belt anchor is typically the issue.

I've got a new born, 5 year and 3 year old and they sit in that order (left to right).

I an ISOFIX base and ISOFIX group 1/2 so I don't have the 'wondering' issue for the outer seats. I then use a narrow booster for the 5 year old in the middle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DN71448/?tag=amazon0e9db-21
It's essential a wedge of polstyrene with a cover but does the job.
The booster is placed slightly forward otherwise the seatbelt anchor would cover it completely. 5 year old seems happy enough sitting there.

I'd also recommend seat belt anchor extenders, unless you have very long arms:
CAR SEAT BELT EXTENTION EXTENDER SUPPORT 21MM BUCKLES Audi BMW VW | eBay

If money's no object, then I've seen MultiMac's mentioned here:
Super club

The issues, aside from price, is that you effectively reduce your second row to kids-only seating. Can't seat adults and can't easily fold the seats down if you have a large load to take.'

Enjoy the new car. :)

Last edited:
I adapted a foam booster seat to fit in between two child seats either side of it but there was no getting away from the fact it was cramped; as big as a car the E-Class is, the transmission tunnel makes the centre seat a bit crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom