S212 E350 CDi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AllyE350

Car
S212 E350 CDi
I recently purchased a wonderful exampleand I'm very happy with it. Of course there are things to do on it but thats to be expected. On checking the VIN WDD2122231A639225,there are options on the spec sheet that I have no idea what they are, and the previous owner did'nt mention have of the extras in his sals write up.
So here goes hopefully someone can enlighten me! (be gental it's my first Mercedes)!
22P TRACK PACKAGE ?
954 EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES
Thanks in advance for your assistance

Ally

Track package will be blindspot assist and lane keep assist I think? Do you get an orange light in your side mirrors when cars are next to you? You may have to turn this on in the instrument panel menu and does the car do anything if you wander out of your lane without indicating?

The avantgarde stuff will be the sportier bumpers/grills etc and probably the wheels will be staggered ie wider at the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks blind spot assist etc are all enabled, the only thing to fix or sort is the night vision assist as it alsways says inoperative, changed the aux battery but as of yet no change.

I’ve no idea what that is to be honest or how it works just looked at your other post that’s a well specced up car you’ve bought wish my E Class had all the extras on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks blind spot assist etc are all enabled, the only thing to fix or sort is the night vision assist as it alsways says inoperative, changed the aux battery but as of yet no change.

Have you been trying it during the hours of daylight? It wont work unless it's dark.

What does the Night View Assist do? It was an expensive option at £1,225

An infared camera realy funky when it works, I'm yet to see it on mine but there again as a bonus the stop start doesn't work either!
Why are you thinking the stop/start`s not working mate ? Not teaching you to suck eggs, but if you haven`t had it before you`ll find it doesn`t activate half as much whilst the engine`s cold, or lots of electrics going (heated seats/lights/wipers/climate blower) etc...

Last edited:
Why are you thinking the stop/start`s not working mate ? Not teaching you to suck eggs, but if you haven`t had it before you`ll find it doesn`t activate half as much whilst the engine`s cold, or lots of electrics going (heated seats/lights/wipers/climate blower) etc...
The stop / start used to work, but lately has not worked at all, previously it would intermitantlyoperate. Hense mereplacing the aux battery. The Night view assist has never worked!

I couldn't understand why the Stop / Start function on my car wasn't working, you may have just explained it for me. I will now look out for your explanation and see if it's the cause.

Cleaned and polished the car today (s212 E350 Cdi) then decided to check the Main and aux batteries... I now have my main battery on charge, maybe I need a few more longer blasts up and down the autobahn!

MBs are notorious for electrical consumption and needing battery in good state of charge. If you don't already it's worth investing in a good quality charger like a Ctec and charging battery(s) to 100%. I make a point of charging mine to 100% 4 or 5 times a year. Also worth doing if car had been laid up for any length of time before you try starting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom