S212 E63 Kleeman wagon....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was on the mobile earlier. Now on PC with a decent screen, I can see a couple of other issues:

Soot on the bottom of the exhaust pipes. Not a massive one, but if I'm selling a car, I spend 5 mins giving them a clean so they are nice and shiny. Seller obviously has no attention to detail.

On side on shot, you can see the Benz bonnet star has been bent forwards at approx 30 degrees from the vertical. That would need to be sorted. In fact, on the nearly front on shots, you can see this too. It's the pride of the bonnet, so again shows total lack of attention to detail by the seller.

The alloys look even worse on a bigger screen. I'd want them taking off and checking before buying (which probably wouldn't be allowed) to check for buckles and cracks.

I agree with merc85; that driver's side B pillar trim looks like it's had an agrument with a blow torch and an oily baseball bat. Just. How is it that bad? When I sold my W203 at 137k, the interior was really good aside from the steering wheel sun damage and stupid door speaker covers that get smashed on the seatbelt buckle. All easy to fix and not unexpected.

Filth/grub/scuffs along the driver's plastic seat base trim. Careless owner kicking everything when getting in. I know people like this an every time I give them a lift I have to spend 10 minutes cleaning all the muck and scuffs of the trim after one trip. I don't know how they do it, because they have been walking in the same places as me. They must actually try and scuff dirty shoes over every trim piece when getting in and out of the car. (sorry, just a point of personal irritation there when passengers or possibly family members are happy, or can't even tell, that they are kicking the inside trim of your car; arguments ensue!).

Grubby grab handle on passenger side storage netting (can be cleaned) and possibly grub/damage to passenger side alcantara a pillar trim. Not cheap to replace if damaged.

I hope it's lighting, but the rear of the driver's seat looks filthy. Rear of passenger side less-so.

A filth mark on the driver's door next to the central door lock button.

Generally, the car is just very grubby. I don't know what COVID preparations are being made for these cars, but they obviously haven't had much in the way of cleaning inside. Probably a good vaccum sufficed.

Agreeing with others here. The car screams of niggles that later pop up and that would make you wish you'd paid more/got a better sorted 'standard' example for the same money.

It's a high mileage, tuned, petrol V8.
Yet you'd take your brave pill due to the seller.
Speaks volumes.....

Mind you, well done that man for racking up those miles in a (nice) V8 and not an oil burner

I'd want a whole bottle of brave pills, all the invoices including fitting forged pistons and conrods, and a long chat with the tuner who did the work, before I'd even consider it. I somehow doubt Motorhub would be that accommodating.

I'd want a whole bottle of brave pills, all the invoices including fitting forged pistons and conrods, and a long chat with the tuner who did the work, before I'd even consider it. I somehow doubt Motorhub would be that accommodating.
Doubt that you could even get a test drive before you bought the car, according to what prospective customers have said.

I wonder if Motorhub know, or even care how bad their reputation is?
It's the one dealer I would avoid at all costs just reading their reviews.

This is right up my street, just a shame who the seller is 😐 dont suppose I'll get any joy rining to see what kind of paper work they have from all the kleeman upgrades, where and when it was done ect.

Worth a call, but you're probably right.

Just seen this is back up on Autotrader, so it's still not shifted.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom