S212 E63 Lowering - Spring or HAS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

248cmr

Car
2013 E63 AMG
Hi all,

I'm looking to lower my E63 wagon and just wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

Initially I was just looking at H&R springs up front with links in the back, then I came across the KW height adjustable spring kit which is quite a bit more at £750 but I like the idea of the adjustable height so I can properly dial it in.

https://www.kwsuspensions.net/productfinder/_/62/Height_adjustable_spring_kits/25325044

(Pricing is a bit of a con as sets of all four corners for other cars are much the same price)

It looks a decent system and includes new bump stops and seat, my only concern is that it will be an even shorter spring than the H&Rs to account for the adjustability.

Has anyone got a set of these fitted?
e0a1f90345e9a14adb3bfea3c04ca7bc.jpg

For anyone interested I went ahead and bought the KW kit. It turns out the adjustable seat is at stock level on its highest setting so the springs are a decent size and should still give a good ride

729a7e2854ed9749c1df86d4b81f3a42.jpg
2c83bb038653236b31a4a8d389f14ae0.jpg

Last edited:
I think quite a few E/CLS 63 owners have gone the KW route and are happy with the results. I went the H&R / links route, but if I did it again would go the KW route. The KW kit allows you to lower the front a touch more than the H&R’s, which for me would give the perfect drop.

I think quite a few E/CLS 63 owners have gone the KW route and are happy with the results. I went the H&R / links route, but if I did it again would go the KW route. The KW kit allows you to lower the front a touch more than the H&R’s, which for me would give the perfect drop.
Thanks bud, normally I would have just gone for springs but now I'm on 20s I wanted to make sure I could get the height right without rubbing anything too often.

Got some decent quality links on the way so hopefully will have it all fitted in a week or so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom