S212 E63 S Meets MSL Dyno

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
John and I were both talking about the Goodyear Eagles earlier, think that may be the way to go...
I was within a hair's breadth of pulling the trigger on a set of Dunlop SportMaxx RT's, but the combination of poor availability and my reluctance to use non-MO tyres based on my experience of poor wear performance on generic vs specific motorcycle tyres meant I bottled it and went for the Conti's.

Initial impressions (500 miles) are that the ride quality has suffered vs the Pirelli's, as has fuel economy (by approx 10% - ha ha :D ), but that cold weather traction is a few notches up. I'll give more feedback as the weather improves...

Michelin PS3 on the rear of mine. Much better than the Pirelli before them. The Michelins are MO1 labeled ;)

That's superb numbers John and beats my 611 with a tuning box! :-(

Even with a mechanical LSD I have to treat the power with respect as it will kick you even on a salted road so am also interested in better rear traction :)

Eagle F1's guys will not let you down for grip in the dry ;)
Stick some 285 or 295's on for that extra grip or even 305's like on mine :)
Tried all different combos and these win hands down for less noise, traction and mileage

I was pleasantly surprised SJ, however, have a look here at c5.00m to see another view of the same powerunit:
[YOUTUBE]rY5oSik1eHs[/YOUTUBE]

As Mr D's lucky passenger, I have to say - this car is beyond belief in the power stakes. and the kit stakes. And the technology stakes. And the "I want one too" stakes come to that.
I thought his previous car was...swift, but this is a step change in power. The roads were moist (to quote Clarkson) so grip was at a premium, but in the dry....

Nice car John - enjoy!

John if your changing tyres Pirelli pilot super sports are the muts nuts....massive difference on mine and have already outlasted the previous yoko,s that were fitted by MB

Good news indeed John :)

As for tyres I never really liked the Pirellis on my C and have gone for Contis every time on the SB, now on set 4 after 25k miles !!

I hear lots of good things about Michelin Pilot Sports but can never find the rears anywhere, apparently though the guy next door to Acid can source them.

Congrats John. Very strong motor!

John if your changing tyres Pirelli pilot super sports are the muts nuts....massive difference on mine and have already outlasted the previous yoko,s that were fitted by MB

Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
Incredible tyre. :thumb:

Impressive results John!

Will definitely have to take a passenger ride next time we meet up!

Nice result you must be pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom