S212 E63 S Meets MSL Dyno

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Today I visited MSL to run the car on their Dynojet Research dyno, taking Mr Palfrem along for the ride.

Acid was as attentive as he always is and did the runs himself.

A couple of items worthy of note:

My previous E63 was completely standard and ran 513hp compared with MB's declared 518hp, thus validating Acid's dyno.

For a while now, our home grown standard tune 5.5 t/t's have been producing more than the MB declared output, and the American tuners have been saying that these engines are more powerful than declared.

My S is completely standard and results are as follows:

638 flywheel horsepower (585hp according to MB).
865 Nm torque

Am I pleased - you bet :thumb:

Last edited:
What a car!
Smashing results Jonh ! :thumb:

Awesome!

Be good to admire it at the next gtg.

You must be very happy with those figures John............I would!

Now, have a little chat with Dave about a few things. We know you want to:D

He rang me earlier Roger. :D

I've made suggestions but he keeps putting me down... :(

Massive billy bonus those results from standard! And the looks to match. Stunner.

Agree with that. A stunning looking motor.

I want my funeral doing in that. :D

Stunning John and amazing numbers there:cool:

Knowing you and you like to keep it standard you'll be well chuffed:thumb:

Whats that at the wheels?

540.37hp and Dynojet suggest an 18% factor for two wheel drive cars.

Wicked numbers john.....
I very much doubt you will do any tuning.....although it would be interesting to see what it would do with a tune box on.
However, you can only actually use so much power and with 638bhp I bet you don't get to use that too often ( especially during the winter months)........ Then again it is fun "squirming" down the road

Wicked numbers john.....
I very much doubt you will do any tuning.....although it would be interesting to see what it would do with a tune box on.
However, you can only actually use so much power and with 638bhp I bet you don't get to use that too often ( especially during the winter months)........ Then again it is fun "squirming" down the road

Traction is a problem Lee, as I'm sure you know :thumb:.

Traction is a problem Lee, as I'm sure you know :thumb:.
What tyres are on it John? I've just swapped from P Zero's to ContiSport 5P's and the latter definitely have more grip in the current low temps.

Having said that, it'll still light them up far too easily to have fun at the moment :(

540.37hp and Dynojet suggest an 18% factor for two wheel drive cars.
That's 23hp more than my pre-facelift car showed on the same dyno John, so it correlates well with the 28bhp claimed difference at the crank between my early (PPP) car and your post-facelift S model :thumb:

Don't go Vredestein then Phil, very disappointed with them on the back of mine.

John and I were both talking about the Goodyear Eagles earlier, think that may be the way to go...

638 flywheel horsepower (585hp according to MB).
865 Nm torque

*kicks tyres*

Asks - how fast does it go mistah? :D

Good call on Goodyear F1's, they are very grippy and not all that expensive for a "premium" tyre.

What tyres are on it John? I've just swapped from P Zero's to ContiSport 5P's and the latter definitely have more grip in the current low temps.

Having said that, it'll still light them up far too easily to have fun at the moment :(

P Zero's Phil - though I'll be looking for alternatives I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom