S212 Estate Interior Trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BreadvanMatt

Car
Mercedes E Class S212 7-Seater
Guys,
I need some help. I need two pieces of trim for my 7-Seater S212 estate. Is there any place in the UK you would recommend I go to?
I need a full parcel shelf A 212 810 04 09 9051 (my guess here is to go to Ebay which I have been doing).
And I also need a small interior trim piece A 212 766 02 91.

Thanking you in advance.

Matt!

Ebay UK is probably the best starting point, although Ebay DE (through Google Translate if necessary) may well have a wider range of MB parts.

Chances are that whether you use Ebay UK or DE the parts will come from Lithuania anyway.

Ebay and Paypal protection are helpful as well for distant purchasing.

I would also check pricing with your MB dealer, sometimes their new parts price is lower than car dismantlers on Ebay - anything Mercedes often gets silly pricing.

Thanks Codger. I think I sourced the easier luggage cover already on ebay. But struggling a little with the smaller interior trim piece. I'll try Ebay.de and see how I get on.

Matt

If it's an obscure bit of trim it might be worth emailing a few of the sellers of other 212 bits, on eBay, to see if they can get the trim off the car for you. I've done it with a previous car and eventually found a breaker who got the bit I needed.

It might be less obscure if you identify the 'small interior trim piece' rather than just a part number. There's lots of breaking 212's on eBay but I'll betcha not one breaker knows what a 766 02 91 is. :dk:

Hi Druk, You are right. I was struggling to get the correct name of the piece but with some googling, I found it. Its called "COVER INTERIOR RELEASE HANDLE; 9051 QFT212A0041 BLACK. Its piece # 260 in this picture. I believe its unique to the 7-seater as I don't think it would be needed in the non-7-seaters?
S212_Door_Handle_cover.png

If it's an obscure bit of trim it might be worth emailing a few of the sellers of other 212 bits, on eBay, to see if they can get the trim off the car for you. I've done it with a previous car and eventually found a breaker who got the bit I needed.
Thanks Abcan, This is a good idea and I will try this because at the moment, when I search for the part on worldwide Ebay, nothing is coming up with either the part description or the P/N.

Have you tried Mercedes? That's surely not going to cost and arm...etc.

Hi Druk, Thanks for the reply. I tried Mercedes. Part is 52 euro + VAT = ~64 Euro all in. If I cant get it cheaper second hand on ebay from a brakers, I'll probably go that route.

€64! Jesus wept they take the urine sometimes.

Well I heard from a friend of a friend that his uncles second cousin once got a really good deal from them. This was however in a lock in at the local where the stories were starting to flow, but I like to think it could just be true. :D

When I rang up to enquire about the price, the guy in MB Part tells me that "if I order straight away with him, he could have the part within two days for me" The temptation to order the part was immense :rolleyes:

All joking aside, the missing part is more a cosmetic item versus a functional item. So I'll just keep an eye on EBay until one turns up. And I might ping a few Ebay Sellers as suggested above.
BTW, I assume the internal handle (on the inside of the Tailgate) is unique to the 7-Seater. Can others with a S212 (non-7 seater) confirm that they don't have this internal handle?

Thanks! Matt

Confirmed. The five seat standard version does not have an interior handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom