S212 Facelift Auxiliary Battery Malfunction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greenberg84

Car
MERCEDES-BENZ E350 AMG SPORT BLUETEC
Hi Guys,

Do any of you know the location of the Auxiliary Battery on a S212 Facelift E350 2013?

And whether the Battery is a N 000 000 004 039 or a A 211 541 00 01?

Photos or Documentation would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Hi, I have a 2014 S212 E-Class Estate, with the Auxiliary battery malfunction, (Hold and distronic not working) which I understand is the battery under the dash, but I can not find it? the guide is for a LHD, mine is a RHD as you would expect, and I can not see the Battery either side, and there is not to bolt under the dash side cover plate to remove. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have a 2014 S212 E-Class Estate, with the Auxiliary battery malfunction, (Hold and distronic not working) which I understand is the battery under the dash, but I can not find it? the guide is for a LHD, mine is a RHD as you would expect, and I can not see the Battery either side, and there is not to bolt under the dash side cover plate to remove. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you removed the end panel fuse box cover (drivers side) and the carpetted panel above the accelerator pedal as in the diagram shown in the link in post #3?
That bolt is behind the carpetted panel next to and just above the accelerator pedal.

Have you removed the end panel fuse box cover (drivers side) and the carpetted panel above the accelerator pedal as in the diagram shown in the link in post #3?
That bolt is behind the carpetted panel next to and just above the accelerator pedal.
I have done some more reading, and as mine is a 220cdi and have the eco start/stop I think that the aux battery is the smaller one in the boot, so maybe there is not a third battery under the dash?

I have done some more reading, and as mine is a 220cdi and have the eco start/stop I think that the aux battery is the smaller one in the boot, so maybe there is not a third battery under the dash?
You could well be correct. Your dealer should confirm this for you.

I have a 2013 S212 E250 Estate, and the aux battery is in the boot

Attachments

• IMG_20180408_113212.jpg
    IMG_20180408_113212.jpg
    995 KB · Views: 48
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

S212 E350 estate, the battery is in the boot. Replaced it with a Yuasa YTX14.

S212 E350 estate, the battery is in the boot. Replaced it with a Yuasa YTX14.
Is the aux battery behind the panel on the right hand side (drivers) in the boot, just in front on the fuses? My s212 had an adblue tank where the spare should go. The panel in the boot forwards of the fuses doesn’t look easy to pop out. I do have a 12v socket in this panel, so assume the battery is behind there. Aux battery malfunction seems to be a problem with e class vehicles

My S212 E350 (which has no stop /start) has the aux battery under the drivers side dash as described in the link above (yes, same process as link but reversed for RHD cars). I do not have a battery in the boot.
All the ones I’ve seen with stop/start have the bigger aux battery in the boot and none under dash, and all the ones with out stop/start have the little one on the bracket fixed to the inside of the inner arch under the right hand side of the dash. Don’t know if that’s the same for all, it’s just what I’ve noticed.

On my 212 estate the aux is being the dash.

When I had the main battery replaced I asked the AA fellah why it was so expensive. He told me it was the same spec as the stop start ones.

On my 212 estate the aux is being the dash.

When I had the main battery replaced I asked the AA fellah why it was so expensive. He told me it was the same spec as the stop start ones.
What battery did you go for? Presumably not an MB ‘OEM’ one if from the AA and therefore maybe cheaper? I’m interested as I’m pondering a new one as a precaution as I often leave the car standing for 2-3 weeks at a time and would rather not play roulette with the original battery...

What battery did you go for? Presumably not an MB ‘OEM’ one if from the AA and therefore maybe cheaper? I’m interested as I’m pondering a new one as a precaution as I often leave the car standing for 2-3 weeks at a time and would rather not play roulette with the original battery...

It was a Yuasa YBX9115 12V 80AH 800A AGM Start Stop PLUS BATTERY with a 5 year AA warranty. £280 from GSF (gulp).

I just had a quick look at GSF and they are doing a simliar-looking battery with a 4 year warranty for £175 if you apply code NYS60. (list is £438!).

Like I said they are top-spec stop start ones even though our 500's don't have stop start......

Having said that the 5 year warranty is pretty good. My 211 E500 used to munch through batteries - every 2-3 years. I think the 212 may be a bit better as I the one I changed was I think the original and so had lasted 8 years or so. The current one seems fine 18 months in. I think there are fewer current drains in 212's. But the battery still won't like lack of use.
yabybx9019.jpg

Re battery. Stop/start.
I have just been told today that a possible reason for my S/S not working could be because earlier in the year the main battery charge must have dropped below 85%, therefore the s/s battery will not recharge for fear of draining the main battery. If they have my car in overnight and put the main battery on charge it will most probably sort the problem!!
Any thoughts on this “theory” would be welcome.
PS I was also told the s/s battery is under the seat which has to come out to get at it.

Thanks for the searching! That’s a more palatable cost. Now I have to decide if I’m brave enough to change it myself...

No worries I was curious. Don't take it as gospel that that's the correct one but looking at the way GSF play around with list prices £140-£180 is probably in the right ball park. When I paid £280 for mine various posters here pointed out that I could have asked the AA to use whatever 30/40/50% discount code that was available that day.

I can't see changing it being hard except for the weight of the thing. It's at least 50% bigger than any other battery I've had. It would be a shame to save all that money on battery only to drop it on the front wing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom