S212 gloss black trim.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
My S212 has the gloss black interior trim - dash, doors, centre console. In some lights, there's lots of small marks visible, none are scratches as such, they can't be felt with a fingernail. Is there something I can use to remove the marks? I'm wary of making it look an eyesore!

Pete

Hi

I’ve used the below on various shiny things (not car trims) and had fairly good results. The polywatch stuff is extremely fine and takes a lot of time to get decent results. It’s a very small tube so not good for large areas. Maguiar’s compound is excellent IMO but again I’ve not used it for car trim. I’ve used it on lots of piano black plastics and it’s worked well with a light touch and plenty of patience.

polyWatch Watch Face Scratch Remover and Repair Polish polyWatch Watch Face Scratch Remover and Repair Polish: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound Colour & Clarity Restorer 450ml for hand or machine polisher application https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002KKCLO6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_0T2BP35H6ZWZ49NWP27G

I used meguiars scratch X 2.0 and a lot of elbow grease and mine came out amazingly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom