S212 Luggage Compartment Cover Spring Loaded Plastic Peg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveLitman

Car
S212 E350
S212 Luggage Compartment Cover, Spring Loaded Plastic Peg, this has broken in half. Its part 20 of 135 Double Roller Blind. I'm told it is available for £35 but, how in the world do you get the old one out and replace the new one. Any hints, please? Thank you.

Hi. I’ve not done it. I have the same car. If you stick some photos up I’m sure people will chip in, there’s some good engineer knowledge on here and I bet you’ll get a solution.

Al

Some pics. First shows unbroken side. Second shows top view of broken peg (merc diagram part 20) and third shows view from underneath.

How does one fix this, please?

Attachments

• IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2893.jpg
    IMG_2893.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 6
@DaveLitman, I’ve only just got around to looking at mine. I can’t see how you would get that out. It looks completely sealed. Do you know what the £35 part actually looks like? I think I’d be tempted to buy a second hand load cover on eBay.

Do a search on here. If memory serves someone did this recently and had to buy the whole rod?

Thanks guys for your input. Heres the diagram supplied by my Merc experts. They said its part 20 (the peg) and its costs £35. Now, they may be wrong?

Attachments

• img253.jpg
    img253.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 10
Bingo! At last, I have the answer which became apparent when I had the new part in my hand. Theres a wee clip you need to locate which is hidden under the cover. Get a small screwdriver behind the steel rail to push down against the clip to release it and gentle ease the whole thing off the cover. Once off, just slide the new on on.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    734.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg