S212 middle seatbelt ridiculousness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darragh1

E250 Estate 2010.
Not a fadbh but a little irritating is each time I flatten the rear seat backs for extra boot space the centre safety belt locks tightly against the seat back and won't budge. I have of late thrice unbuttoned the seat base, loosened the bolt at the receptacle to release the tension and then re-torqued the bolt and re-buttoned the seat base. For a belt that is never used. The belt clip ends up on the wrong side of the belt stop aswell for some reason.
I have read the threads of the topic.
I have the belt fully extended and held with clothes pegs but surely this is no way to live. I considered giving it the machete but it would be too rash. And I don't have a machete.
I like things to work properly. The belt is clean and virtually unused and when released moves fluidly.
I won't be forking out for a new mechanism because I imagine it would go the same way.
I wonder is the locking related in some way to the synchronised rear headrest drop function.
Any tuppence welcome,
Thankles,
D.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In the above nick cave number the narrator is faced with a dilemma because he only has a bolo knife???????
"Armed, as they were, with machetes/
Cause all I got was brass knuckles and a bolo knife"

But do we digress Pete?

Attachments

• KK-307120U.S.20191820Brass20Knuckle20Bolo20Trench20Knife.jpg
    KK-307120U.S.20191820Brass20Knuckle20Bolo20Trench20Knife.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
The belt is fully extended held with clothes pegs and flung over the rear seat onto the boot cover and will remain so indefinitely I suppose. Except for the national car test when it will retract back into its shell.
Any reply welcome
D.

sounds faulty I drop my seats a few times a week as i Tend to move a lot of Computer gear never have an issue with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom