S212 Rear Door Auto Opening / Closing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hectors Dad

Car
E220
Hi All,
My E220 estate has the ability to open the rear door using either the latch on the door, a switch on the drivers door panel or the key. It doesn't however close on either the switch or the key and only via the button inset into the bottom of the door itself.

So I took it into my local MB dealer and their workshop looked at it and don't know if it should close on the key or not (either way they couldn't get it to work) and so have said they will ask Germany and get back to me.

Having dealt with these guys before, I would like to know if there is a definite way to determine if it SHOULD open AND CLOSE on the key or not so that I know whether I am being told the truth or what is easiest for them.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks in advance.

HD.

Hi
My 2012 S212 closes on the switch on the drivers door but doesn't close on the key.

Thanks for your replies Gents.

Mine is a 65 plate (2016 and a half) so don't know if that makes a difference but it deffo doesn't work on the drivers door button.

HD.

The door switch opens the boot by pulling up and closes by pushing down, I find it takes a second to start closing after you push the switch.

I don't think you can close the lid on the drivers door switch if you don't hold the button until the lid locks completely. This should be the way as you cannot see what you are doing and it would be a dangerous action to just press the button and forget about it. so try pussing the door button and hold on to it until closed and locked

I don't think you can close the lid on the drivers door switch if you don't hold the button until the lid locks completely. This should be the way as you cannot see what you are doing and it would be a dangerous action to just press the button and forget about it. so try pussing the door button and hold on to it until closed and locked
I think I've tried all the various combinations. Long press / Short press / Press and hold on both remote and door panel button and nowt.

I find it strange that they would have the ability to open it remotely but not close it.

I only use it for the dog to get in and out really but auto close would be handy.

HD.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Devizes2008 said:

Yes that's a good point, I forgot you had to hold it in. I don't use mine that often

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom