S212 - Replace Rear Self Levelling Suspension With Coil Springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DesOB40

Car
S212
Hi,

Has anyone come across a conversion kit for the S212 to replace the Rear Self Levelling Suspension with springs? I have searched everywhere with no luck. Apparently the kits for the s211 don't fit.

My car is 10 years old and fixing the intermittent problem I have is proving expensive.

Any help would be great.

I have no technical knowledge but I have been on the forums for a few years and I personally have never seen a post regarding this.

I would imagine it not being a simple change over and could be quite expensive to do if possible.

Robin

And you would have to deal with all of the electronics involved in the rear suspension complaining that it is no longer there.

Hi,

Has anyone come across a conversion kit for the S212 to replace the Rear Self Levelling Suspension with springs? I have searched everywhere with no luck. Apparently the kits for the s211 don't fit.

My car is 10 years old and fixing the intermittent problem I have is proving expensive.

Any help would be great.
I can empathise as I’ve basically replaced the whole system in my 2011 S212 recently. If you haven’t already I would suggest trying to replace the airlines. This is relatively cheap and is almost impossible to test for leaks. I had a couple of leaks on mine where the lines were rubbing against the body. It was only when I was fiddling with the system I must have made the leaks bad enough to be detected. With the airlines done if it’s still dropping it would likely suggest a leaking bag. But you could end up replacing a bag when the leak is actually in the airline. At 10 years the airlines on mine were quite brittle so likely they’ll need doing at some point anyway.

I persevered with mine as we often do long, fully laden trips and the SLS is good when it works. it’s a shame it’s not that durable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom