S212 saggy rear suspension.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abcan

Car
S212 250CDI 2012
Evening all

My 62 plate S212 has been sat unused since Thursday. Today I noticed it was sitting very low on the rear suspension. The off side tyre was in the arch and on the near side there was an inch gap. When I started it the self levelling pump kicked in and it rose to its normal position. I'll keep an eye on it overnight to see if it drops but is this normal?

Thanks

Al

The car has dropped overnight, anyone have any experience of this?

Mine does not do this and like yours has self levelling suspension.

I have seen posts relating to a valve leak being a possible cause but in all honestly my technical knowledge is poor.

Someone will I am sure come along soon with more useful information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi
I've just returned from two weeks holiday and mine is doing the same. I looked at the car and thought there is something wrong and on both rear arches there is barely room to get my hands in as the car is nearly sitting on its tyres. I will phone the dealer today as it is under warranty. Have you had a response from anywhere else yet?
Steve

tommo159 said:
Hi I've just returned from two weeks holiday and mine is doing the same. I looked at the car and thought there is something wrong and on both rear arches there is barely room to get my hands in as the car is nearly sitting on its tyres. I will phone the dealer today as it is under warranty. Have you had a response from anywhere else yet? Steve

Hi Steve

Not had any response but I did a search and there are quite a few old threads on here about this problem. Mine went into Dealers on Tuesday, they hooked it up but found no reported fault, which was as expected. I'm dropping it off Monday and they are having it over night to witness it drop. They were very good and acknowledged it's a fairly common fault but need to go through certain steps for the warranty claim. I will know more Tuesday and will let you know the outcome. Let me know how you get on.

Alex

image-512224808.jpg

Attachments

• image-2868379511.jpg
    image-2868379511.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 25
Hi Alex
Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out. I phoned the dealer where I bought it and they put me through to breakdown.
I said that I hadn't yet started the car in case someone wanted to see how far down it had gone and was advised to start it to see what happened The dashboard then came up with a message saying "please wait vehicle raising" and around a couple of minutes later all was OK. The guy on the phone then told me to keep an eye on it and if it happens again to book it in with the dealer to look at in the same way that you have, so I suppose just watch this space.
I would be grateful if you let me know how you get on with the dealer.
Thanks again
Steve

tommo159 said:
Hi Alex Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out. I phoned the dealer where I bought it and they put me through to breakdown. I said that I hadn't yet started the car in case someone wanted to see how far down it had gone and was advised to start it to see what happened The dashboard then came up with a message saying "please wait vehicle raising" and around a couple of minutes later all was OK. The guy on the phone then told me to keep an eye on it and if it happens again to book it in with the dealer to look at in the same way that you have, so I suppose just watch this space. I would be grateful if you let me know how you get on with the dealer. Thanks again Steve

No problem.
I don't get any dash lights on mine. I'll let you know MB diagnosis.

Although an earlier S212 model (2010) both my rear shocks were replaced under warranty as a known fault

tommo159 said:
Hi Alex Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out. I phoned the dealer where I bought it and they put me through to breakdown. I said that I hadn't yet started the car in case someone wanted to see how far down it had gone and was advised to start it to see what happened The dashboard then came up with a message saying "please wait vehicle raising" and around a couple of minutes later all was OK. The guy on the phone then told me to keep an eye on it and if it happens again to book it in with the dealer to look at in the same way that you have, so I suppose just watch this space. I would be grateful if you let me know how you get on with the dealer. Thanks again Steve

Hi Steve

Just heard back from the dealer. They did find what they say is the problem. They found a split pipe. Bad news is it's not covered by the used warranty. The work will cost £178 all in. They said the struts were OK. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Any news on yours?

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for letting me know at least your sorted now even though not under warranty. Mine appears to be behaving itself at the moment. I will definitely be keeping an eye on it though.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom