s212 self levelling rear suspension too high

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigSilverEstate

Car
2011 E350cdi Sport Estate, and the wife's car: 2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi
Yesterday I had to scrabble about in the boot a bit to put the parcel cover back in. Today I nipped out to the shops and on the way back I get a 'car raising, please wait' message and the rear end got very bouncy. The rear self levelling suspension has gone full monster truck!
1f67873bda0d5b86796324b127dcca22.jpg
02466bbe80912ee96e5d028c17e4b5f3.jpg

Any thoughts on what might be at fault and whether there is any reset I can do that might make the car driveable to get it to the garage - at the moment I am thinking it will need to be recovered as not safe to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at the level sensor (B22/7) its on the rear axle and fits onto the body electric valve. Best viewed with the offside rear wheel off. Check that the plastic double ended link is not seized or broken. I have just had this very problem and MB will relieve you of around £120 to buy the part, there is no other substitue for this, I have looked and looked. Or, do what I did and removed the link, cleaned the broken ends up and assuming the length has not changed put a metal 10mm sleeve over the link arm. I then Super gel glued the two ends back and filled the inner of the tube up with epoxy resin but taking care not to cover the slots to allow the knuckles to open up.
In the meantime time I cable tied the electric lever arm to prevent it flopping around and sending false signals. I found the cable tie bodge was so effective I left it like that for a few weeks until I had time to sort it.

thank you! Interesting I'm not the only person to have experienced this. Sounds like good advice but in a whole different world of technical competence from the one I inhabit! was hoping there might be an answer that began 'scroll to the settings menu on the dash' [emoji23][emoji23]

If it is a £120 sensor it's better than finding the actual suspension components are damaged and costing £000s I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom