S212 vibration low revs crankshaft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darragh1

Hi,
I am in between mercs. My 190e head gasket case is parked up and i am very tired of the rental renault captur.
I have been trying to get an S212 (2011-2012) , the E250 high spec 204bhp variety. I found one and it ticks all boxes bar one.
The SH is there, seems comprehensive.
Timing chain and rear suspension bags done too with 225000kms on the clock and 2011.
The problem: there is a vibration in the low revs which evens when the car drives on past 30mph. My inspection mechanic (who was very impressed with the car otherwise) put it on the lift and showed me the shaking crankshaft underneath while his assistant did the light to then moderate revs. His speculation was a small crack in the plate between the 7226 gearbox and engine. When i went back with this to the seller he said he had tried but hadn't been able to figure the problem and would sell it as is offering a discount.
Tbh i could live with the vibration but who knows if it will develop into a disaster.
Wisdom says walk away but do any of you fine gentlemen and/or gentlewomen (because it is the 1990's afterall) have any wisdom as to what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance,
D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom