S213 E220 Driving Modes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BoristheBounce, Apr 28, 2017.

1. BoristheBounce

BoristheBounce Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    (S213) E Class 220d SE Estate with Premium Pack, Wheel Upgrade, Black Windows and Black Ash Trim
    Someone mentioned in a thread I read earlier that the car they had just bought took a while before it" learned" his style of driving and once it had it changed the way it drove.

I've heard of this before on cars.

My question is.... on my new S213 which has its own choice of driving modes Sport, Ecco, etc, does anyone know if each of these driving modes are "Fixed" or does each one actually take information from your driving type and store it as previously mentioned?

Just interested to know, any feedback gratefully received, BTW about to drive South to Brand Hatch for the weekend so probably won't get chance to reply to any comments or questions as quick as I would usually.

2. wivenhoe

wivenhoe Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350e
    I think you'll find that it is the gearbox that 'learns' so that will apply to Sport etc If you want to reset the gearbox, say after someone else has driven for some time then you can do that by :-

Turn ignition on. Do not start
    Press accelerator to floor.
    Wait at least 10 seconds
    Turn ignition off
    Release pedal
    Wait 2 mins

3. OP
    OP
    BoristheBounce

BoristheBounce Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    (S213) E Class 220d SE Estate with Premium Pack, Wheel Upgrade, Black Windows and Black Ash Trim
    Many thanks, I will watch with interest if in-fact this new motor does learn my style of driving.

I've only had the car less than a month so this weekends trip is the furthest the car has been, I was very interested to note that in normal driving, from Durham to Brands Hatch and back the car recorded 58mpg that over a total of around 575 miles. On the way back the trip took less than 4 hours (not hanging about) with a quick stop in between so very impressed I am:D