S213 E220d - Impressed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulXC

SUPPORTER
Car
2018 E220d S213 ||| 2012 E500 4.7 V8 Bi-Turbo Cabrio ||| 2021 Mercedes Sprinter Hymer Camper Van
We’ve had our 2018 S213 E220d for 4 months now and clocked up 10.000 miles. I haven’t driven it a great deal as my wife has claimed it as hers.

We’ve just returned from a trip though western France and Catalonia, which I think was about 2700 miles.

Worst fuel consumption was 51 mpg when pushing on to get home on Friday night, best 74.8mpg for about 100 miles in Catalonia. Averaged about 60 mpg overall I think. Managed to buy diesel coming out of Spain at Figures for 98 p / litre. Wished I had an 80 litre tank rather than 66!.

It didn’t bother me being RHD (my last E class estate, owned for 12 year was LHD), I think mostly because of the blind-spot assist, intelligent headlights and the fact you can change the whole dashboard to metric units.

I’m not 100% sure that the seats are really super comfortable but no aches or pains after a 520 mile run up from La Rochelle on Friday.

I miss the grunt of the E320 a little but overall I have to say I’m more than happy with the 4 cylinder 2.0 lump.

I like mine too. Not quite as good MPG but my car is often loaded so quite heavy. Love those long journeys through France [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I still like mine at nearly 17 years and over 240,000 miles and still returning in excess of 51mpg when driving back from Spain, fully laden.
You have a classic motor car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom