S213 Parking Brake Warning Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kellerman87

Car
W213
In my E220d Estate I have now done 55k and 1 month to end of warranty and orange "Parking Brake" light pops up at the start of the day or when car is cool - occasionally the central red one lights too but just for a short while and goes out after 100 yds. The orange light then goes out after 4-5 miles.

On a gentle slope I have checked that the brake is not on (you hear it disengage) and the car will roll - and there is no smell of a brake stuck on. My instinct is to clean and may be spray WD 40 around the mechanism as I cannot get it booked in to MB for 2 weeks.

Is this a common problem- ? My pads are low but given "Orange" 1000 miles ago at MB Service -I believe that is a different warning light anyway. In any event I plan to change the pads myself

Ideas gratefully received

Derek

In my E220d Estate I have now done 55k and 1 month to end of warranty and orange "Parking Brake" light pops up at the start of the day or when car is cool - occasionally the central red one lights too but just for a short while and goes out after 100 yds. The orange light then goes out after 4-5 miles.

On a gentle slope I have checked that the brake is not on (you hear it disengage) and the car will roll - and there is no smell of a brake stuck on. My instinct is to clean and may be spray WD 40 around the mechanism as I cannot get it booked in to MB for 2 weeks.

Is this a common problem- ? My pads are low but given "Orange" 1000 miles ago at MB Service -I believe that is a different warning light anyway. In any event I plan to change the pads myself

Ideas gratefully received

Derek

Pads have a dedicated sensor and will show a message on the dashboard rather than fall back to the handbrake warning light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom