S280 W140 Bleeps!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by amolak, Mar 28, 2003.

1. amolak

amolak Active Member

Car:
    B200Turbo & V350
    Hi,
    When I take the key out the ignition, after 5 sec, I hear 3 audible double bleeps. Is this normal?

When I unlock the car the instrument panel of the mileage display illuminates.
    It also stays illuminated for about 30 seconds after I have locked the car, is this both normal?

The car has been serviced recently and the service ASSYT indicator has been reset.
    However the above items occurred before and after the service.

Also lastly I believe there is a way to check the amount of miles left before the next service. How can you do this?

Pls help

Many thanks In advance

Amo
    1998 (R) S280 W140 UK

2. paulrstaylor

paulrstaylor Active Member

What stereo do you have in your car?

Sony Headunits make the sounds you describe to remind you to remove the face.

3. Brian WH

Brian WH MB Enthusiast

Car:
    JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
    See duplicate entry.:confused:

Duplicate

4. Rich

Rich New Member

Car:
    2001 E55 AMG Aprilia SL1000 Honda VTX1800C
    I had a Sony also and it beeped exactly as described for the reasons Paul gave - security.

The mileage displays on my car also - it seems you can't control the display reset function on ignition switch-off, which is a bummer. Anyone know how to do this?

Also, (from memory) if you page through the ASSYST settings with the car stationary til you get to the spanner sign it gives you the info you want. It starts at 10,000 miles after the service reset and goes up or down, depending.
    Hope this helps

Tags: