S320 CDI Injector Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrickyS320

Car
S320 CDI Limo
Hi I have two leaking injectors. I have stripped down to the point of needing a removal tool and was wondering if anyone has a removal tool to hire or can recommend the correct model number of the tool to purchase please?

The tool i have been told will fit is a Sealey VS2056 but not sure if it is the correct tool or not as doesn't specifically state w220 only Mercedes CDI engines.

The car is a 2004 limo. I am in North Kent just off junction 3 of M25.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Drive it around and get the engine really hot. Mole grips and a good wiggle should get them out, they can be very very stiff. If you use a removal tool which involves taking the top of the injector off, have a replacement injector ready

Ok , you will need a slide hammer kit , which will not involve dripping the injector,

If this fails , and you prepare well there is another method,you can reuse the injector if you keep,100percemt clean, we hire tools to do the job

Hi sprinter

Thanks for your reply. How much is hire and where abouts are you please? Thanks

QUOTE=sprinter316;2305039]Ok , you will need a slide hammer kit , which will not involve dripping the injector,

If this fails , and you prepare well there is another method,you can reuse the injector if you keep,100percemt clean, we hire tools to do the job[/QUOTE]

Managed to get injectors outhe. A cleaned up new seals etc. Refitted but won't start now. Have checked all connections as only removed 3 plugs off injectors. Two injectors that I removed I took on apart to get to the thread for a extractor tool. Made note of how it came apart. Any suggestions of what could be issue please. Thanks

Tiny balls surely back in their place inside injectors?

You can remove hose from aux pump to hp-pump and see if fuel is coming out when someone cranks engine. If duel delivery is good, you may measure tank connection leakage of injectors, in case they are damaged/worn and leaking too much.

Tiny balls? There were no balls in there just small round flat bit at bottom with a dimple in it which I put flat side down and dimple facing up then the t shaped bit and washer and lastly the t shape valve then top back on with spring.

It is quite possible the injectors are U/S

They were ok before replacing seals and engine ran

Sorry what I meant was as mersum1es said, from memory there are tiny balls inside.

The injector may need calibrating as it has been taken apart.

A bit late now but I would refrain from taking an injector top off unless it is absolutely necessary, or unless you intend on replacing it.

If this is the OM613 there are plenty of second hand available if needs be. Reason I think it is the injectors is because I have had all 6 out on mine and it fired up fairly easily once back together

OK thanks for your help. What would need calibrating as sure lined up and put everything back as it came out.

Thanks for pictures but that one is not like mine.

Just stripped down injectors and found the small ball bearing was in one but not in other so guess time to get new ones. Looking at used one the A number matches but other numbers don't so do I need to worry about the other numbers or just the A number? Thanks

What is the 'A' number? Post or PM me your VIN or reg and I'll tell you what you can use

a6480700487 just having bath washing diesel off me lol. Will pm if I know how to vin number in a bit. Thank you sir for taking time to help me. Regards Richard

Thanks for pictures but that one is not like mine.

Just stripped down injectors and found the small ball bearing was in one but not in other so guess time to get new ones. Looking at used one the A number matches but other numbers don't so do I need to worry about the other numbers or just the A number? Thanks

You do have OM613? It should not be very much different, newer there is some extra part under that '3-wing-butterfly' thing, and if I recall right extra cap around tiny ball is different... or did someone said ball is visible right after solenoid... I have not disassembled newer versions though, higher pressure versions (OM648) may vary more.

But anyway you found (one) culprit 100% sure.

Your VIN shows only one part number...A6480700287 as it was fitted from engine number 30042544 onwards. I would try and get one with that number

A6480700287 | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom