S320 CDi key Remote opening at a distance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercMad1

Car
S320 CDi
New member here. I have an S320 CDi 2005. The key fob will not work when a distance from the car. Only works when next to drivers door sensor. Have changed fob batteries but no effect.

Hmm, I occasionally get the same issue with my 2010 ML, it cannot be the batteries as after I open the doors from very close range the car/lock/key works perfectly from a long distance....very odd indeed.

Just a thought, I assume there are replacable batteries in the fob and not accumulator type charged when the keys in the ign socket?

New member here. I have an S320 CDi 2005. The key fob will not work when a distance from the car. Only works when next to drivers door sensor. Have changed fob batteries but no effect.

Is that a W221 or a W220? Sounds like the antenna amplifier for remote control (at the rear window). The key works via infrared from short distance.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the lateness of my thanks. Christmas and the New Year got in the way. The car is a W220. The antenna amplifier for the RF signal. Is it picked up by wiring in the rear window ?

Regards

mark

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the lateness of my thanks. Christmas and the New Year got in the way. The car is a W220. The antenna amplifier for the RF signal. Is it picked up by wiring in the rear window ?

Regards

mark

Yes, one of the FM antenna wires are used for this.

It looks like the culprit could be the RF antenna amplifier. Does anyone know where it is located and how to test it ? I see replacements are available on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom