S320 cdi rolling back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zuby84

hey there all,

On my S320 cdi (2007) I seem to have a problem which the dealer thinks is normal. When I'm on a hill and if my foot is not on the brake; the car actually rolls back untill I stop it by braking or it stops by itself when the incline gets a little shallower. Thi even when the car is in "drive." On all the other cars I've driven, the car atleast stays still or creeps forward on the same hills (even a e320 cdi.)

I mentioned this to my dealer, but they said that is normal for the new 7 speed gearboxes. I really don't think this should be happening, but do any of you have the same problem?

On a side note; I got some 21" wheels for my car which look stunning. Will post pics soon.

Thanks

That's normal. The box is decoupling slightly at idle to reduce fuel consumption.
Put the box into W mode to stop it rolling.

Can't say I have noticed the problem with mine, but I do live in a very flat part of the world!:eek:
If I brake to a halt on a hill I'm in the habit of just twitching my right toe to activate the hold facility, then you can let both feet take a rest until you need to move again by touching the throttle.
I guess you are rolling to halt up hill without using the brake?

I used to live in a 3D world.....then I moved to Norfolk:eek:

I'm living in a too much 2D world too and hardly ever have used the hill assist feature. But on a W221 the hill assist should prevent the car from rolling backwards. But hill assist only activates on C tranny mode (C on a W221 equals W on those cars that have W/S instead of C/S(/M).

Cheers guys,

Yeah I do use the hold function and it's not really affecting me in anyway; but just wanted to know it wasn't broken.

I'll try switching it to the C/W mode and see how that goes.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom