S320 CDI Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mistri38

Car
Mercedes S420
Hi MB enthusiasts, I have a S320 CDI on a 04 plate automatic. and need to buy new tyres.
looking at the tyres on the car at the moment they are all the same size. When I look on the web sites the front and rear are supposed to be two different sizes.
Question: does anyone know, or can tell me where to find what size is supposed to be fitted my car please

Thanks
:dk:

Your owner's manual will tell you what wheels and tyre combinations are permissible for your car.

Said that... when the rear wheels are wider than the fronts (known as 'staggered' wheels), then the rear rims are also wider than the fronts. e.g. 8J and the front, 8.5J at the rear.

So if your rims are all the same width, then stick to having the same tyres all around. i.e., you will need to change the rims to wider ones if you wanted to have wider tyres at the rear.

Incidentally, the 'staggered' wheels are usual found on the sportier trim levels e.g. Sport, Avantgade, AMG-Line, etc, while the comfort trim level e.g. Classic, Executive, etc usually get the same wheel and tyre size all around.

My S320 petrol also had 4 x same size 18" wheels. As Markjay says, staggered wheels are normally found on sportier cars not the S Class.

I have also got a S320 cdi on an 05 plate. The tyres are 265/40/18 on the rear and 245/45/18 on the front and nothing special about the car

My S320 CDi had staggered wheels

Just forgot to add mines a petrol version,although can't see if that makes any difference!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom