s320 cdi w220 limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Upex

Car
2001 s320 cdi w220 & 1998 slk 230 komp r170
Hi all,

Sorry to raise this again, as see its been covered many times before, but my car is in limp mode (minimum boost, slow acceleration and not revving above 2500-3000 rpm).

From spending a few days searching here, it could be many many things, but I've concluded that the maf / map (think these are the same thing) is first thing to change. Does anyone know of decent make and number, or is it best to stick to mb part?

Also, I thought it worth checking vac lines, as had no turbo on previous car due to a vac line split. I haven't managed to find them all, does anyone have a diagram of where they all are?

Whilst checking the lines I could see (vacumme pressure converter on left near airfilter and up on right near the windscreen, both looking from front of the car) I noticed that after turning the engine off, the vac pressure converter near the airfilter and coolant tank makes a sort of hiss for a few seconds, like its taking in or out air. Is this normal or do I need to replace it. If the vac press converter is knackard, what would it cause symptom wise?

I also got a couple more issues, which are unrelated, so will post these in other posts.

Thanks for any help. Not familiar with these cars and do.t know where things are located or called, so pics are always a winner.

Cheers all, Upex

Also, having just read another post on the matter that mentioned cruise working or not working (but then didn't explore much), my cruise has also stopped working as it went to limp mode. It's the radar adaptive type and will not engage at all. I have a malfunction of something like "speed - distronic visit workshop". The gauge on the driver console still shows the car to car distance, and this shows correctly, ie the two cars get closer on the display as they do in real life, so I assume this means the radar but still works correctly, its something else that has stopped it working. Could this be related to the limp mode, or is there something else that's stopped it working? As I use it a lot and would love it back. The limiter doesn't work either (where you use the cruise stick but press it in).

Thanks all,

Upex

Last edited:
symptoms sound similar to my Intake Port Shutoff Motor problem albeit on a C320 CDI, which was resolved by Waybe Gates MB at Harrow.
did you get a fault code?

I not been to merc yet bud. Was hoping to avoid it as merc hours don't suit my job, so have to book time off work etc.

What was the issue with yours and was it easy fix or costly replacement?

One thought I had today though, would a dripping diesel leak from the flat thingy on the front of the engine cause the limp mode? Ie the fuel pressure is off etc? It's only a slight drip, but still worth an ask.

Cheers all.

Oups. Forgot about this one.

Well a new maf restored perormance and also fixed the cruise not working to. Must be related etc as the power wasn't there for it to maintain speed or accelerate after breaking etc.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom