S320 CDi W221 3.0 V6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richjohn

Car
S320 CDi
Hi need a bit of help please? W221 EGR not working, tested the actuation with star and it does not move? checked wiring and its ok back to ecu? what can stop the ecu from sended the signal to activate the EGR valve? (tried a new valve and still no luck!)How can i test the ecu?
Thanks Richard

Somebody may have had it deleted from the ECU - has the car been re-mapped?

Somebody may have had it deleted from the ECU - has the car been re-mapped?
Thanks for reply, overnight that has been my thoughts, it has not been remapped to my knowledge but who knows? do you know of any other pointers to prove this? Richard

direct actuating by sds should still work? mapping is only mod where ecu does not ask egr to open, not disabling it.

Put a correct resitance to egr connector plug so it won't go limp, then command it to open - measure voltage...

what sds ask to do when you say after check that actuation was not working ok?

direct actuating by sds should still work? mapping is only mod where ecu does not ask egr to open, not disabling it.

Put a correct resitance to egr connector plug so it won't go limp, then command it to open - measure voltage...

what sds ask to do when you say after check that actuation was not working ok?

Thanks for reply, sds ask me to check wiring which i have back to the ECU pin number ??
Do you know the resistance i need? Mine is a W221 3.0 V6 diesel.

sorry I don't know right ohms but check egr shut threads and/or measure working one...

Did you check what options are in 'guided check' list in SDS, regarding EGR. There could be found something more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom