S320 CDiL or Audi A8L 4.2 TDi Quattro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

northernlad

Car
Mercedes e220 cabriolet , Vario 814, Sprinter 311,
Hi, Does anyone know about the new S320 CDi L, I am considering buying one but am also very tempted by the A8L 4.2 TDi as it seems to have a much better spec than the Merc (and its about 4k cheaper), both cars I am looking at are 2007 models and LWB. I am sure folk on this site will be a little biased, but I would be very interested in your opinions, after owning a W211 CDI (which was terrible in terms of reliability) , I reverted back to a couple of W124 Mercs which up until recently have been very very good, so I yearn for the Mercs of yesteryear but my business dictates I need a newer car capable of swallowing up motorway miles. I am very interested in how reliable the air suspension is and how good the electronics are.

Id strongly consider the Audi...

though the s320cdi is a wonderful car, and is more cosseting, i do find the latter incredbily boring.

Well put together, but quite soul-less.

The Audis on the other hand make you feel better inside.. its smarter and cleaner lined... which the s320 cdi is getting on a bit, and the new facelift has not complimented the lines of the s class i dont think.

If you are keener on the s, then there are some better deals now on 2007 models as the new facelift has now emerged, and the pre-facelifts will depreciate, as i suppose many wil percieve the facelifted s class as a better car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom