S320 Phone which one will fit mine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

masterbish

Hi Guys
I have a S320 cdi w220 2001 that has the MB phone cradle fitted but no phone, in with the paperwork is a Nokia 6150 handbook, but the Datacard show this: Telephone "cell phone" Nokia 6210/6310i, and being the smart **** i think i am took the 6310i to be the better phone and brought one, on connection is all looks ok the command comes up with initialising phone, but never goes any further than that, could i have brought the wrong model phone, also on the cradle is has this number A203 820 01 51, if anyone can help out it will be truly appreciated.
I don't want to go down the bluetooth adapter route, it really bugs my to have an empty cradle, and i would like to keep this car factory original.
Regards
Steve
P.S the cradle does have the external antenna molded out to fit the 6150's, but its what the Datacard writes that bugs me.

When I first got my 2002 S320 it came with a Nokia 6210. The 6310i would not work in the cradle, I had to update the phone controller under the rear seat to make the 6310i work. Have a look here
Have used the phone since with no problems.

Last edited:
Is there a notch cut out of the cradle, where the antenna would go? If so its a 6150 unit. If thats not there and the 6310 isnt working its probably a 6210 unit. The best solution is to buy a Viseeo unit which converts the kit to work with most bluetooth phones. Even the phonebook can be recalled on the COMAND.

Many thanks for the quick reply, looks like i will get a 6150 and give that a try.
Regards
Steve
reply to Aka$h, yes there is a notch for the antenna, thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I have a S320 cdi w220 2001 that has the MB phone cradle fitted but no phone, in with the paperwork is a Nokia 6150 handbook, but the Datacard show this: Telephone "cell phone" Nokia 6210/6310i, and being the smart **** i think i am took the 6310i to be the better phone and brought one, on connection is all looks ok the command comes up with initialising phone, but never goes any further than that, could i have brought the wrong model phone, also on the cradle is has this number A203 820 01 51, if anyone can help out it will be truly appreciated.
I don't want to go down the bluetooth adapter route, it really bugs my to have an empty cradle, and i would like to keep this car factory original.
Regards
Steve
P.S the cradle does have the external antenna molded out to fit the 6150's, but its what the Datacard writes that bugs me.

On a similar note,
being the tight git i am, i tried decoding the 6310 (successfuly) that came with my car popping in a local pay as you go sim as i live in guernsey and the phone was orange badged, and tried using call forwarding but comand wont get passed initialising.
Possibly a software issue, anyone have any ideas?

On a similar note,
being the tight git i am, i tried decoding the 6310 (successfuly) that came with my car popping in a local pay as you go sim as i live in guernsey and the phone was orange badged, and tried using call forwarding but comand wont get passed initialising.
Possibly a software issue, anyone have any ideas?

That was the same message I got, updated the software on the phone to no avail. Change the PSE and all OK.

The 6150 was originally supplied (and 5110,6110,6150) phones worked.
Then there was a controller update to support the 6210i
Then there was a controller and a cradle update to support the 6310i
(6310i did fit in 6210i cradle, but it could drop out)

Sounds like you have the 6150 controller. I'd put in a Viseeo MBU1000 and use bluetooth ...

Richard

That was the same message I got, updated the software on the phone to no avail. Change the PSE and all OK.

Yes, it will be the PSE that's causing that. I've changed them on our W203 C class and W220 S classs. Since then we've also bought Viseeo units ;-)

You've got three options:

1. Upgrade the PSE to the newer version that supports the 6310i (although you may also need a new cradle too - Likely to be expensive.
2. Downgrade your phone - get a Nokia 6150 or possibly a Nokia 6210?
3. Save a lot of hassle and buy the Viseoo Bluetooth unit which then allows you to use almost any Bluetooth phone.

Yes, it will be the PSE that's causing that. I've changed them on our W203 C class and W220 S classs. Since then we've also bought Viseeo units ;-)

You've got three options:

1. Upgrade the PSE to the newer version that supports the 6310i (although you may also need a new cradle too - Likely to be expensive.
2. Downgrade your phone - get a Nokia 6150 or possibly a Nokia 6210?
3. Save a lot of hassle and buy the Viseoo Bluetooth unit which then allows you to use almost any Bluetooth phone.

Whats the PSE?

Coming back to the uk in november, and when over will be popping into Braybrooks to get the ipod integrated so might get a viseoo unit then.

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Just got a 6150 in the post this morning and it works a treat, i'm really surprised at the quality of signal & sound, now to source a tv tuner and that will fill the last void in my car.
Thank for all your replies
Steve

Whats the PSE?

Coming back to the uk in november, and when over will be popping into Braybrooks to get the ipod integrated so might get a viseoo unit then.

The PSE is the phone controller and is located under the rear seat. Thanks to
A-AvantGarde's info on this forum, I managed to locate and update the one in my car.
Bought the PSE from here it's the one at the bottom of the page.

Whats the PSE?

I would give Alfie a call on Comand Online Ltd I think you will a) save over the Braybrooks price and b) get a guy who lives and breathes MB Comand and phones etc... :thumb:

Have spoken with Alfie or maybe one of his workers, thier system (dension) emulates the cd player so you only get a few lines of text and no art work nor can you play the ipod videos.

steve

Have spoken with Alfie or maybe one of his workers, thier system (dension) emulates the cd player so you only get a few lines of text and no art work nor can you play the ipod videos.

steve

Is there a system then that links into Comand and allows the artwork to be displayed etc on Comand? I thought there wasn't..

Is there a system then that links into Comand and allows the artwork to be displayed etc on Comand? I thought there wasn't..

My Comand allows that through the AUX video & audio inputs, not player control though. I don't know if the W220 needs the TV tuner AUX inputs or if there is a simple AUX video input at the head unit.

Last edited:
If anyone out there needs a replacement PSE I have one here going cheap I went down the parrot line much easier.

Part number A203 820 32 26

Apparently Braybrooks can do it for me, alpine do a unit that looks as if it can do the trick (only because it advertises alongside a comand 2.5), check the post 2 above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom