S320 Rear Windscreen Demister

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jellinek

Car
E280 CDi
Happy to be back after 2.5 years with a Honda Accord (great car/very reliable/just didn't 'float my boat').
Just bought a 2001 S320 (petrol). FSH/93K/VGC. Lots of money spent on it in the last few years: Suspension struts replaced/compressor replaced/gearbox flush & much more!
Everything is working except the Rear Windscreen Heater/Demister. I read that this is also the radio aerial - the radio signal is fine. Not a big deal really, but would like to fix it, if possible.
Also, I would welcome any other advice about the S320 (be kind please :))

Many thanks

The top few wires are the aerial, totally separate from the demister part.
If none of the actual demister section are working suggest it's the fuse, rear SAM.
Give the screen edges a close inspection, maybe a broken wire/connector?

If none of the actual demister section are working suggest it's the fuse, rear SAM.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll check the fuse this evening. I'm hoping the fuse diagram is still there. Cheers.

Is the fuse in the module under the rear passenger seat?

Also, I would welcome any other advice about the S320 (be kind please :))

Many thanks

Would it be kind to suggest letting me have it - nearly bought an S-class when I got my E, and still fancy one ;)

Would it be kind to suggest letting me have it - nearly bought an S-class when I got my E, and still fancy one ;)
I had to get rid of my 3rd E Class, as I had a potential problem with the SBC pump. I replaced it with a Honda Accord, which is a great car, but not the one for me. Only got the S Class last Sunday, but I already adore it! Makes me feel like a King, or perhaps a Russian gangster :)

It was a bit of light humour in response to Chumbly mentioning Russian gangster. Another s class post today by the Uruguayan student user Negrodepazos

Hello, I'll introduce myself; my name is Agustín. I'm from Uruguay. Some time ago I bought myself a W220 S320 CDI as a 20th birthday gift. I know in Europe it isn't anything extremely special, but in my country is a very expensive car for a 20 year old who's studying and working a part time job (it costed me about 30.000 USD). The car is in good condition, but it costed me a lot of effort, so every "weird" thing that it makes gets me awfully scared. But there's something in particular that is driving me nuts.
Everyday, before starting a trip, I star the car like 5 minutes befores, so it warms up a little. As you start the car, it gets running perfectly, although 30 or 40 seconds after, the exhaust note changes. It gets a lot deeper, as if the engine "opens up". I thought it was normal and never payed attention to it. Until a couple days ago. I had the car parked in the street, and I was in a hurry. I started the car and started driving without waiting for the sound to change. What surprised me was that the car felt a lot more "athletic". Throttle response had been always a little bit lethargic. But that day, as I drove it inmediately after it started, it was perfect. In fact, the car felt like a bullet. Extremely quick and responsive. There was a lot less turbo lag. And you could hear the turbo sound a lot louder. As I stopped in a traffic light, the sound changed after some idle, and the car felt as always. Reasonably quick, but lazy. It's a W220 320 CDI, pre-facelift. Any thoughts about this? I know there are lots of experienced people in this forum. I entrust myself to you:p

Whitenemesis you are the first to spot, well first to spot and mention it :) post 31

I had to get rid of my 3rd E Class, as I had a potential problem with the SBC pump. I replaced it with a Honda Accord, which is a great car, but not the one for me. Only got the S Class last Sunday, but I already adore it! Makes me feel like a King, or perhaps a Russian gangster :)

Looks like we have pretty similar tastes. Considered an Accord when I got my first Merc, a C280, for my 30th. Previously drove dad's 260E though, which swayed me the Merc route, and have had at least one ever since

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom