S320 transmission/ power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chas

Car
Mercedes GLE 300D 4Matic AMG line
I took my S320 (2001) out for a run yesterday ( not used a lot) and this morning, exactly the same problem occured on both occasions.

Driving around 30/40 mph through the village for 5 mins, enter dual carriageway increase speed up to 55/60 mph, revs shoot up to 5000/6000 , car feels like its in neutral -no increase in speed, brake to pull over, as speed decreases back to around 40 mph revs back to normal and transmission back to normal. It has a full MB service history ( April 2012 the latest ) 92k on the clock.
No errors flashing up, could it be a gearbox or sensor problem?

Many thanks:D

sounds as if the transmission is slipping i see you are in scotland take the car to Mackie automatic transmissions glasgow they will check it for you & let you know what is wrong they will check it for free just ask for Alan they open on the 3rd Jan hope this helps

sounds as if the transmission is slipping i see you are in scotland take the car to Mackie automatic transmissions glasgow they will check it for you & let you know what is wrong they will check it for free just ask for Alan they open on the 3rd Jan hope this helps

Wow, I`d be thrilled to receive a response like this one.Congratulations Mr Automatic !

Happy motoring indeed.

Check the engine mounts as they could be u/s allowing the gear selector to pull the gearbox into Neutral under power.

Many thanks and a Happy New Year to you sir...

Will have look at the TCM ( TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE) also, as they can have problems with fluid ingress from the gearbox, I assume its in one of the front fuse boxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom