S320 (W220) Duo Valve easy to fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kolobos

Car
SL400 AMG Sport 2015
I believe my Duo Valve is faulty as there is very little heating although cooling is fine. If I were to find a used one can they be fitted fairly easily or do they need to be programmed to the car like an alarm module etc.

Any ideas of a good place to get one from?

S320 2004

Regards,
Steve...

As far as im aware the duo valve is not something that has to be programmed to the car.

Fitting wise, im sure they are located just underneath the front windscreen, you may need to remove the wiper motor assembly.

Id be intrigued as to how you get on with this as im pretty sure mine is gone aswell (only getting hot air in the back).

I did mine on my W210 (possibly same engine) and it does not need coding and was fairly simple to fit

However, as above, I believe yours is a bit more complicated to fit due to it's location

If you have 4 zone climate control then you will have 1 duovalve and pump assembly under the wipers and the other will be in the drivers side wheelarch.

The one in the wheelarch is for the rear heating if your car has that option.

They are expensive to buy as they have the motors built in but sometimes you can get lucky by taking it all apart and cleaning and reassembling.

Thanks for the replies, the part is a Mercedes only part and is approx £175 inc. vat. I have found it located under the wiper arms below the windscreen. Not keen on a used part as these are a common problem and the ones from a breaker can be £100 and three years older than my model. I may have to purchase a new one and fit myself.

Steve...

I bought mind from ebay for about £30

What is the part number?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom