S320 w221 smokes a lot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merial

Car
Mercedes Benz S 320 CDI W221
Hello dear Friends,
2 month ago i made a service to my s 320 w221 (om642). The mechanic who changed my oil didn’t recognised that he filled almost 2 liters more than needed in the engine. After 3 days my car started smoking a lot. I quickly went to a service where they saw that there was to much oil in, they than removed the oil til it was on the line.
After that it still smoked a lot. Then i saw that my turbocharger was destroyed. I changed it with a brand new one. Changed the oil. Cleaned the intercooler, all air tubes and the exhaust but it still smokes a lot of blue smoke. But! Only when i have more than 5 liters of Diesel in my fuel tank. When I'm driving on reserve it doesnt smoke. Furthermore there car it Self is driving perfect. So i can only drive with 4 liters in my car and as soon as it has more than 4 liters in it it starts to smoke a lot of blue smoke
I hope you can help me
KR Merial

Can't answer about the issue with fuel levels but it could be that your PCV valve was destroyed by over filling with oil and they do die with age. Easy job to change.

Sorry to hear your story. I've had two cars with too much oil after a "professional" service. Luckily I caught it it time.

I changed the PVC on my 350 w221 2012 for £90, your PVC may be cheaper, but it's not guaranteed to fix the issue.

Okey, i will change now as soon as possible the PCV Valve and let you guys now if it helped ;)

So yesterday i changed the PCV Valve, but it didnt solved my problem..
It is still smoking
But a mechanic told me that the smoke which comes out of my car does smell a lot like unburned fuel. So in this month i will remove all of my injectors and let them check from a service to see if they are damaged.

When cleaning the air tubes did you also clean the MAF sensors with some contact cleaner? When your car had too much oil, I can image the MAF sensors got coated.
Rather than pull injectors, I'd try all the cheap options first.

I can't explain why it doesn't smoke with less than 4 litres of fuel. With so little fuel maybe the fuel pressure drops a little, but why would that stop blue smoke???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom