S350 (2003) W220 Intermittent audio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jokuk

Car
E Class 350D 2010 (W212/207) Convertible
Hi all,

S Class 350 2003 W220

New owner and member here, I have spent the last few days reading nearly all of the threads which have been very useful but have a few problems that don't seem covered.

I am going to post them individually hopefully in the right areas to see if anyone can help, please excuse any basic errors.

My Command unit sound starts off ok but after 10 minutes or so cuts out, when I stop the car and turn the ignition off it comes back on ? (This is all sound, radio, sat nav, phone, cd's)

my first port of call was going to be removing the fuse and seeing if this resets it, any other ideas out there ?

Thanks in anticipation

John

Sounds like it is overheating. Are the fan(s) on the Command working or enabled? You may be able to see this via the 'hidden' engineering menus depending on model of Command.

Sounds like it is overheating. Are the fan(s) on the Command working or enabled? You may be able to see this via the 'hidden' engineering menus depending on model of Command.

Thanks Wong, I will have a look, have got myself totally confused with various Comand units but think it is an NG1 (DVD and six CD player in the boot)

Cured a few problems but this one persists, next step take it out and hope for a loose connection but I doubt it !!

Strange thing is that as soon as I switch the engine off the radio sound comes straight back on ??

This has just started happening in my car last week, at first I thought it was the radio station but then I notices it happening on all the stations, I will check to see if it happens when playing a CD as I did not try that to establish if it the aerial or the actual power.

W220 S320cdi 2001

Hi Design Guru
turned out I had a problem with the AGW unit in the boot, got it changed and all great since. if you can get to Command Online they are good guys

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom