S350 AMG spec with £23k of extras and only 16k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice car but wrong engine. Most will want either the diesel or the V5. I like 6 pot engines, always have but reckon in a car that size, you want a bigger engine than that, or a turbo diesel to give it some mid range shove.

Nice car but wrong engine.

My initial thought too.

He would have been better off spending (or putting towards), that £23k in extras, on a higher model to start with - which would have come with more as standard anyway.

Agreed.

The S500 is the petrol model of choice.

An S500 is about £10-£15k more than a S350, would have had heaps to spec the car nice.

Don't get me wrong, its a lovely motor, but it would either be a diesel or a V8 I'd buy, unless that was very cheap (talking half its reserve)...

Let's note that the opening offer is not the reserve on this car.

2006 S500's are not that far away.

just wait next year when new model is out.

Great spec nearly a carbon copy of mine. Shame he did not have the Piano black and leather steering wheel,it has the full options. It will be interesting to see what it goes for.

I'm sure a S350 would more than able to aquit itself in all S Class essentials-it would not be found wanting imho
Specced up cars near to price of bigger engine model are nothing new -new Merc owners tend to do this

Nice car but wrong engine. Most will want either the diesel or the V5. I like 6 pot engines, always have but reckon in a car that size, you want a bigger engine than that, or a turbo diesel to give it some mid range shove.

The S Class market doesn't fit the norm in some respects. However good you think the diesel is, it just doesn't suit the car as well as a petrol engine. If I was to get another S I would get the 500. Another factor is that some people simply will not buy a diesel model (Arabs for example), so for the right buyer, the price won't suffer as much as you think. There are a few 350 Vianos tooling around London - another case in point.

thought i would share my opinion for what its worth

i really dont see what the problem is with the 350, i have a 320 (w124 estate) and it pulls like a train, even after 17 years and 126k miles. on top of this its refined around town with smooth power delivery on motorways, and im talking about my old e320 not a nearly new car, worth 70k plus, personally i would go for more extras over a more powerful car as most of the time you will be listening to classical fm whilst in a traffic jam on the m25 looking at all the lower classes pass by in their pathetic modes of transport

i can see myself drifting alone relaxed in a sea of leather and wood in a car just like this (in my dreams)

The S Class market doesn't fit the norm in some respects. However good you think the diesel is, it just doesn't suit the car as well as a petrol engine. If I was to get another S I would get the 500. Another factor is that some people simply will not buy a diesel model (Arabs for example), so for the right buyer, the price won't suffer as much as you think. There are a few 350 Vianos tooling around London - another case in point.
Bear in mind that in UK S320CDI accounts for a thumping 80% plus of s class sales.

Bear in mind that in UK S320CDI accounts for a thumping 80% plus of s class sales.

That's right. Nearly all of them are registered PH vehicles and make economical sense. The petrols still suit the car better though.

great car spec car-when is new model out?

End of next year.

Suprised this didn't sell, perhaps his reserve was too high? Didn't look like there was a lot of competition with the bidding either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom