S350L 2010 £6,200 - should I be put off by Gin In a Tin ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
Last edited:
Gin in a tin? You're going to have to explain that one to me I'm afraid lol

Look at the pictures. There are several cans of Gordon's G&T pre mixed cans in the rear storage compartment. 👍

It's been an upmarket airport taxi most of its life. It's been looked after, too; only one MoT advisory in just under 300K miles and nine tests. I'd want to know what was done to 'remanufacture' the engine 140K miles ago, though, if I was considering buying it.

Having the same model (W221 facelift )with the same engine I would also like the know the cause of the engine issues.. Maybe some bottom end or oil cooler seals left late.Having said that at 385k, maybe time for some suspension overhaull if you anyone is considering buying it. What really put me off are the door lights with logo projection and the wheels.

Those smaller a wheels demonstrate some one who wanted best ride quality for their clients and factored in the lower cost of tyre replacement every 40k to 50k of rolling up and down our motorways to Heathrow

The added lights are a bit naff, I agree; not really to my taste, especially on an S-class.

Starship miles are no prob for airport limos. Mostly motorway cruising. They get properly serviced, maybe not official dealer, but the operator can't afford unscheduled downtime. The cars are like Boeings - if they ain't working they ain't paying.

I refer you to the seduction of Andrew Scott by Phoebe Waller Bridge in "Fleabag."

It's quite a thing for ladies of her age, but, please, not in the back of an S class....

2987FF83-B689-47AB-8949-E5F7DA118136.png
Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 11.15.14.png

Gordon's is, I find, a very average Gin and when mixed with a bland tonic in a can and served without ice makes for an unrewarding experience in my opinion. 😐

Gordon's is, I find, a very average Gin and when mixed with a bland tonic in a can and served without ice makes for an unrewarding experience in my opinion. 😐
Agreed, but you should see what she served up with it.

Jeez, that mileage is frightening. Personally I don’t go anywhere near a high mileage car and that is intergalactic, that would scare me to death !! :eek:

Mine is now almost 5 years old now and has covered 17,000 miles, perfect :)
It's always a gamble, but 'modern' vehicles can be capable of serious mileage; my first VW Transporter I ran to 300,000 miles (in 4 years!) and had very few issues with it. Mind you, it got at least an oil change every 10,000miles.
It didn't even feel particularly worn out when I sold it on to a local plumber who kept it for another 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom