s430 central locking air box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dougdotcom

Car
mercedes s430
Hello everyone, im new on here with a car i just got that had central locking problems, the pump would spin ok then start to run very slow, i brought a replacement complete unit with identical matching code numbers,

We marked the air pipes so not to get them mixed up on reconnection, but sadly after we connected back up things did not go as expected, the soft close did not operate, some of the doors locked then would not unlock, im thinking that as the last owner had took the air box apart he also removed the pipes so must have just re fitted the pipes in a way not correct to make correct operation and we have marked them and re fitted them the same way, is there a way to know which pipe fits where?

I think if the door locks are opening then they must be able to close too via the same air pipe as we pressed the lock and unlock and the air blows and sucks out the same connector on the air box so is it just one outlet on the air box for all four door locks? im so confused im used to electric door locks no air, so dose anyone have a system to help me get the right pipe onto the right outlet of the air box? thanks everyone.

Ps.. if you notice this photo was taken of the air box that was faulty and with the pipes as he left them, if you look closely you can see the top right pipe is not even plugged in as it dose not fit, the socket is too big for the pipe to connect to it, so where dose that one go?

Attachments

• 11295550_10155540281670459_2562988196280282639_n.jpg
    11295550_10155540281670459_2562988196280282639_n.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Apparently I believe there are code numbers printed on the pipe ends for there locations !. Does mean that you will have to google info tho for positions

Mb world org has a thread , soft close door assist . It gives some info there . Hope it helps you

Thanks ill get back to you when i find out and have sorted my problems. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom