S430 doesnt swim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miro

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 slightly modified
Now here is a challenge !

A friend of mine has just thrown himself into the purchase of a water affected S430. It is brand new and was in a flood. Not even up to its first service call.

So the problem is that water penetrated to about the bottom of the seat. The seats and windows work but it wont start and comes up with bulk errors.

I was wondering if anyone has ever gone down the road of fixing a flooded Mercedes and what they discovered.

Its pretty much a given that the entire car will be stripped down and rebuilt electrically. And yes ....... the purchase price does justify the expense.

luckily most of the expenjsive stuff (computers etc) are quite high up in the fuse box

a lot of error codes 'follow' each other - for example if an injector is dead, th#at cylinder will report a missfire, and the car will run lean on that stroke - so three errors - one fault (simplistic example - but you get the idea)

No help whatsoever, but this reminds me of the German couple who ended up in the water because the Sat Nav in their BMW failed to mention they had to wait for a ferry. :D

Unlikely to be true but funny anyway.

Carry on.

guydewdney said:
luckily most of the expenjsive stuff (computers etc) are quite high up in the fuse box

a lot of error codes 'follow' each other - for example if an injector is dead, th#at cylinder will report a missfire, and the car will run lean on that stroke - so three errors - one fault (simplistic example - but you get the idea)

The funny thing is that some thug literally ripped out the TV tuner and CD stacker. They just cut the cables (ouch).

Im just going to bypass the CANBUS looms that run in the floor and see what happens. I know that the COMAND doesnt run so it looks like it is in self-preservation mode.

Simon said:
No help whatsoever, but this reminds me of the German couple who ended up in the water because the Sat Nav in their BMW failed to mention they had to wait for a ferry. :D

I think I finally get the joke that SHUDE mentioned. Something about driving to Germany and stopping before the splash.

one of the alarm modules is under the rear passenger seats...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom