S500 38 pin diagnostic socket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlenQ

Car
2004 W220 S320 CDI
My S500L W220 (1999/2000) has an OBDII socket under the dash on the drivers side. I am informed that it should also have a 38 pin diagnostic socket in the engine bay but no matter how hard I try I can't find it. Can anyone tell me it's location on my vehicle (a picture would be nice)

I dont think that is correct. If it has OBDII plug under the dash it wont have one in the engine bay, that was for older cars that dont have ODBII.

I dont think that is correct. If it has OBDII plug under the dash it wont have one in the engine bay, that was for older cars that dont have ODBII.

This seem logical but I've been told otherwise. Can anyone confirm for sure:confused:

Usually the diagnostic socket in the engine bay is inside the fuse box. Have you looked there?

Quick google search shows many threads saying the diagnostic socket is the OBDII under the dash.

After some telephone calls my local Mercedes Benz dealership tell me the car DOES have the 38 pin socket but TWO local independent Mercedes repair shops say that my year and model does NOT have an under bonnet 38 pin socket which seems to be borne out by the fact that no mater how hard I try I can't find one. So unless anyone can prove otherwise I will go with the fact that the 1999/2000 W220 S500L has only got the ODBII socket under the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom