S500 Alarm keeps going off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Hi
I am based in Aberdeen Scotland and during the last few days is has been raining heavily. Today whilst sitting in my office my alarm kept going off. I tried to convince myself that the alarm might just be to sensitive with heavy trucks going past, setting it off however when I think about it, a month ago the same thing was happening and it was raining then also.

I checked the carpets to see if they were wet and I'm glad to say they are fine but the only thing I can think of is that the water is getting in to a fuse box or something

Anyone got any thoughts about what could be triggering the alarm.

It need to go an a Star to see what has caused the last alarm activations. With this info you can see what component(s) is/are failaing.

Had that happen to me. Turned out to be a faulty siren located under N/S front wing. IIRC it only cost about £40.
But, as BlackC55, have checked out first.

Hi
I am based in Aberdeen Scotland and during the last few days is has been raining heavily. Today whilst sitting in my office my alarm kept going off. I tried to convince myself that the alarm might just be to sensitive with heavy trucks going past, setting it off however when I think about it, a month ago the same thing was happening and it was raining then also.

I checked the carpets to see if they were wet and I'm glad to say they are fine but the only thing I can think of is that the water is getting in to a fuse box or something

Anyone got any thoughts about what could be triggering the alarm.

My alarm went off when raining heavily. I got warnings of check battery, check ESP, ABS, etc. The problem was water overflowing into the electrics due to a blocked drain that should have been fixed in a recall by MB.

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showpost.php?p=187974&postcount=6

Last edited:
Check for insects. Mine goes off from time to time and it is usually after I have taken rubbish to the tip.

It has always been a spider crawling over the sensor. It is amazing how such a tiny thing can trigger the alarm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom