S500 sadly for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgosty

Car
Mercedes 219 CLS 320
Sad day, but its got to go P reg 113k all the toys,

1997 MERCEDES-BENZ S500 Auto, P reg.
Blue metallic, 113k, FSH, memory seats, soft close doors, folding mirrors, body coloured bumpers, climate control, leather, PAS, RHR, RCL, ESR, CD, alloys, cruise, front/side airbags, EW, heated seats, rear arm-rest, traction control, wood trim,. £9,200 . ono Must sell so £7850-00 ono
Tel: 0161 6123456 or 07808 338102

Two new contis on front
Chrome dash rings and gear surround
£45-00 gearlever knob (what was thinking of)

S5001.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Rob,

It's a shame that you haven't had any bites, as the car is really nice. For a lot of people, the size of the car is an issue. Being a flat dwelling Londoner, I couldn't have a car that big - it would be a nightmare to get around the narrow streets and limited parking.

Best of luck with the sale.

Scott

Very :(

Sorry you have not had any luck :( the car look very nice and the price does't look too far off the mark either :)

The problem is there are so many for sale. I picked a 1998 S420 LWB fully loaded with 80k on the clock for £6,500.
For the year/mileage i think it is overpriced.

KLP 92 said:
The problem is there are so many for sale. I picked a 1998 S420 LWB fully loaded with 80k on the clock for £6,500.
For the year/mileage i think it is overpriced.

Afraid so, have to agree the price looks steep and the mileage doesn't help. The W140's really need Parktronic also. Although it looks fantastic and is a lot of car for the money there really just are a lot of late model 97/98's with quite high specs at the moment for very sensible money.

lovely looking car, but I cant imagine your fuel bill, ouch! :D

97 P S500, 70K, Private, Good, £9950 (Parkers). For that mileage however good the car you've got to be looking optimistically at 3 grand less in asking price I'd say. Shame really, such a lot of car ... I knew a guy who couldn't bear to part with his and LPG converted it - new injection technology, none of that vapouriser and cutting into the air filter box bo***cks - it paid him cos he ran an airport taxi service and did 60K miles a year in it but at just over £2K for the conversion it would pay for itself sooner or later anyway, no?

S500 for sale

I just sold my S320 to a taxi driver in Wales. It was a 1996 and totally immacculate - see page two photographs for details! I got less than 4.5K for it so I would have a good think about slashing the price if you are serious about selling this side of Christmas.

Last edited:
agreed with all of the previous comments - There's a 97 P S500 with 80k on it sat on a local forecourt for 6k - absolutely immaculate,full history and all bells and whistles.

You need to drop the price or hope for a buyer who has no idea of current market prices

Andy

Hi dont mean to sound offensive but I have to agree and would say it prob worth only £4000 to maybe £4500 max if in great shape(history and everything working most important!!).

I bought a 1999 S600 fully loaded with electric heated rear seats + satnav etc with 23000 miles on the clock for £9k so you would struggle to get that for yours. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Realistically expect £5-6k tops.

KLP - Want to help me get one of those? !!!!? :)

Anyway - back on topic - if you need to let this car go anywhere near £5000 - please send me a pm.

Last edited:
scotth_uk said:
KLP - Want to help me get one of those? !!!!? :)

Anyway - back on topic - if you need to let this car go anywhere near £5000 - please send me a pm.

I'll let you know when i want to sell it :D
They are beautiful to drive but due to their age and size they aren't worth much now. Bearing in mind the car cost £110k new its a bargain esp with that mileage. The rear wooden electric tables sold it to me!

KLP 92 said:
I'll let you know when i want to sell it :D
They are beautiful to drive but due to their age and size they aren't worth much now. Bearing in mind the car cost £110k new its a bargain esp with that mileage. The rear wooden electric tables sold it to me!

I would like to get something good to take home to Australia - can take a car in with me tax free as part of my relocation home.

Ramandeep was distressed to hear about your Brabus too. :-(

scotth_uk said:
I would like to get something good to take home to Australia - can take a car in with me tax free as part of my relocation home.

Ramandeep was distressed to hear about your Brabus too. :-(

Never got around to telling him, he had a death in the family so thought it wasn't the right time to let him know my bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom