S500 want nice quiet tryes ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgosty

Car
Mercedes 219 CLS 320
S500 want nice quiet tyres ?????

Hi all,plodded my way through all tyre threads and still no wiser, car is a 97 S500, need new tyres, running P600 at the moment, tread on fronts dissappearing faster and faster, i want a nice quiet ride without spending mega money, on a previous merc 300D i fitted kuhmo ecstars, quite cheap but found them noisy, looked on, mytyres, black circle,xpedia, johnsons tyres,no wiser, can someone who runs a S500 point me in the right direction, don`t want to spend a lot of money and end up with a harsh noisy ride
any help much appreciated (as always) Robin

Last edited:
Michelin Primacy

robgosty said:
can someone who runs a S500 point me in the right direction, don`t want to spend a lot of money and end up with a harsh noisy ride

Am happy with Michelin Pilot Primacy. Not the cheapest but work nicely.

robgosty said:
Hi all,plodded my way through all tyre threads and still no wiser, car is a 97 S500, need new tyres, running P600 at the moment, tread on fronts dissappearing faster and faster, i want a nice quiet ride without spending mega money, on a previous merc 300D i fitted kuhmo ecstars, quite cheap but found them noisy, looked on, mytyres, black circle,xpedia, johnsons tyres,no wiser, can someone who runs a S500 point me in the right direction, don`t want to spend a lot of money and end up with a harsh noisy ride
any help much appreciated (as always) Robin

You pay for what you get mate. P6000 are renowned for a nice soft ride and reasonably quiet, but wear out quicker than others. I suggest Continentals which also give a good ride and last longer than pirelli. Having had both on present and previous E classes.

now come on there must be more than two people with S500s, unless all the rest of you are drivin on the rims

Last edited:
Hello - I run an S500L on Michelin Pilot HX and they're quiet, and excellent all rounders.

My Father's W220 S500 is running on Pierellis (not sure what spec) but they seem really good and quiet. My W203 is also on P6000s and they too seem ok - cannot comment on the wear issue just yet as only done just over 4500 miles in the W203 in one year.

Flash

have you heard of the the new quiet tyres from Dunlop ... the Dunlop SP Sport 01? They fit them on the new 5 series on 18" wheels.

Just a bit of update, found some Continental EcoContact CP tyres £111-00 at mytyres that seem quite good, my tame tyre man tells me he can do them for £87-00 each so i am going to go with them, only time will tell but they should last longer than P6000s

I've been running my W210 E300 on P6000's because that's what the car came with when new. I've been very happy with the performance but concerned about the wear. Now I've read everyone's comments I think it'll be Continentals next. Presumably I can expect a bit of road noise then?

the ride will be a lot harder, and stiff and a heck of a lot noisier. I think the reason they last so well is because the rubber is stiff as hell ...

what happened to me:

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7207

mercman1948 said:
I've been running my W210 E300 on P6000's because that's what the car came with when new. I've been very happy with the performance but concerned about the wear. Now I've read everyone's comments I think it'll be Continentals next. Presumably I can expect a bit of road noise then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom