S500eL plug in hybrid: Anyone got experience of it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
Has anyone got experience of using the S500e L ? (W222)

There seem to be a couple of hundred in the UK but I can't find any user experience pieces, apart from the Car Magazine long term test.

Would appreciate comments from owners.

Is it worth the effort, compared to an S500 or equally fuel efficient S350CDI ?

Is the handling or boot too compromised?

dsc_1048.jpg

dsc_1359.jpg

The boot doesn't look a lot smaller to mine.

The main difference appears to be that raised part at the back on the floor of the boot which then means you lose the cut-out behind that.

Boot.png

Yes it looks a bit of a pain, but I guess we've all seen worse. From the hilarious little boot of the Lexus GS450h to the compromised boot spaces of any S500 or Bentley with one of those stupid wine coolers built in between the two rear seats.

00160ee9f203-3c4e-4858-9.jpg

I suppose it depends what you need to fit in but I think it would be fine for me and Mrs John.

I've seen a MK1 Lexus GS450h boot and the space was on a par with supercars - utterly ridiculous. The MK2 GS450h boot is a lot better but then that was designed with batteries in mind rather than them being shoe-horned in to something which wasn't!

I remember a Iooked at a 2010 W221 S500 around 5 years ago now which had a fridge and that uses up quite a lot of boot space too.

tenor.gif

There's not many W222s on here I don't think.

I've only known about 6 or 7 others with them which are mostly diesel.

You might be the first on here!

Yep, looks like so.
Understandable, I guess, given that so many are chauffeur driven and main dealer maintained through first ownership.
Still, I thought I'd ask the question...

Yep, looks like so.
Understandable, I guess, given that so many are chauffeur driven and main dealer maintained through first ownership.
Still, I thought I'd ask the question...

The previous first owner of mine was chauffeur-driven in it... 😁

The previous first owner of mine was chauffeur-driven in it... 😁
The previous “owner” of my last S500 was the current King of Thailand…

Strange bloke. Don’t think he’s in mbclub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom