S55 AMG service intervals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmer

Car
OM606 W124 Saloon.
History on vehicle is as follows:

11/05/2004 - 12,013 presuming just oil and filter

02/06/2005 - 24,577 ''B''

17/08/2010 - 34,508 ''A''

06/07/2012 - 41,266 ''B'' 50k / 4 year ticked + 2 year checks and sparks

I know there is no set interval as the systems works on your driving style and speed etc.

Just rolled over to 51,600 miles and last service was over 2 years ago. Trip says next service due in 8,800, seems a bit of a while?!

Bit concerned of a 5 year gap from 05 to 10 as well. Isnt it every "XX"K miles or 2 years?....

I thought all AMGs were 12months or 10k miles?

Last edited:
I thought all AMGs were 12months or 10k miles?

Nope, ours aren't. Booked mine in with MB dealer after 12 months and they rang back later to say was there something specific I wanted done as it wasn't due for another year.

It had a massive one just before I bought it and it has just called for and had its first with me two years later. £260 after two years and keeps the full MB history in tact along with Mobilo and the chance of goodwill if needed, who said running an AMG was expensive :)

Nope, ours aren't. Booked mine in with MB dealer after 12 months and they rang back later to say was there something specific I wanted done as it wasn't due for another year.

It had a massive one just before I bought it and it has just called for and had its first with me two years later. £260 after two years and keeps the full MB history in tact along with Mobilo and the chance of goodwill if needed, who said running an AMG was expensive :)

Mmm.. Mine's been done annually or 10k miles and that's how ASSYST has called for servicing since I've owned it. That said I've always done approx 10k miles/yr

My car was serviced in May 2013 at 98k miles. I kept getting a reminder the service was due in 8k+ miles during late 2013 and into 2014.
Then I had a message saying 28days to next service in Nov 2014, and that was approx 18months and 4.5kmiles after the last one.:dk:

Has someone reset the service schedule then? over 2 years ago and just under 10k miles now saying its 8,800 miles away O_O!

That would appear to be the case. Your car should have been serviced within a 2 year period. IIRC, 11k miles is the interval between services dependent on driving conditions. ( Lots of town /city driving brings down the interval)

Doesnt list my car as an AMG, they start from 05' and mine is 03 :dk:

Has someone reset the service schedule then? over 2 years ago and just under 10k miles now saying its 8,800 miles away O_O!

Those are North American, depends when you model was made available in the States..

But check page 26 it does list the S55AMG along with other AMG models

Last edited:
I believe there is a setting on the STAR computer which can fix the service intervals to a specific mileage time or ask the computer to calculate the service interval according to the the way it is driven, oil quality, oil level etc. but it will not exceed 2 years. My CLS seems to have been serviced this way as was my C43 AMG.

Mmm.. Mine's been done annually or 10k miles and that's how ASSYST has called for servicing since I've owned it. That said I've always done approx 10k miles/yr

Sounds about right 10kish or two years, I do less than 5k/yr so got the 2 years. Apparently it's only a couple of model years that are not tied to 12 months, hence why I specifically mentioned ours rather than generalising as the CLS55 was only produced for one year so they'll all be the same.

Some older cars are every 9 - 18k miles or maximum two years depending on driving style etc between services, this includes c43s -

Applicable for cars registered from 1997 - 2003

Many Mercedes-Benz Passenger cars are equipped with Service ASSYST. This is a variable service schedule alternating from A to B service - A being a small, routine service and B being a larger routine service. A service indicator will appear on your display approximately one month or 600 miles before a service is due. Services are normally due between 9,000 and 18,500 miles or between 12 to 24 months, depending on driving style.

The following from 2003 - 2007

The majority of models produced between 2003 and 2007 were equipped with Service ASSYST PLUS. This is also a variable service schedule alternating from A to H service, with the letters indicating how much time and work will be expected to be conducted. A indicates a routine service and H would indicate a more in-depth service.

2007 onwards -

Many models produced from 2007 have fixed service intervals. Services alternate from A to B and occur every 15,500 miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner. These fixed service intervals make it easier for you to plan your servicing around your schedule, making it less likely for you to miss a service

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom