S55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It does like very nice but it suggests the MOT and tax have both expired in the last month. It looks like there's an inflated airbag too!!

It does like very nice but it suggests the MOT and tax have both expired in the last month. It looks like there's an inflated airbag too!!

Taxed and tested to February 2015 in the advert now, agree that the white item in the picture looks like a side airbag but nothing is shown when viewed from the rear cabin shot, perhaps worth asking a question or two?:dk:

That's not an airbag as it's something on the front seat. Possibly a baby's footmuff.

That's not an airbag as it's something on the front seat. Possibly a baby's footmuff.

Yes, you can see a black cloth item on the seat itself.

Looks in good condition (the car that is).

I agree, it looks stunning. AMG S is a rare car too.

Looks nice.

Pros
-Awesome Engine
-S Class luxury

Cons
-Front tinted windows are illegal.
-Has no options.
-ABC suspension + 11 year old car = ticking time bomb.

I guess the W220 will bottom out in price over the next year or 2 and then become depreciation proof.

I like that a lot.
Seats look lovely ... Is that a AMG badge or designo on the seats?

V12 said:
Looks nice. Pros -Awesome Engine -S Class luxury Cons -Front tinted windows are illegal. -Has no options. -ABC suspension + 11 year old car = ticking time bomb. I guess the W220 will bottom out in price over the next year or 2 and then become depreciation proof.

What options are missing?

I don't see fewer options as a con.

Mine doesn't have loads but less to go wrong and lighter!

What options are missing?

The list is probably very long and extensive, but here's a couple :

Distronic
Linguatronic
Ventilated Rear Seats
Integrated rear door blinds
Rear Tables
Rear Fridge

Options that were standard on a LWB car :
Electric Rear Blind
Electric Rear Seats
Heated Rear Seats

If the pictures were a little better then you would be able to see the full extent of which options it does or doesn't have.

It has a monster engine which makes up for lack of options, but if toys are your thing (some useful, some not so), my lowly diesel outdoes this AMG easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom