S600 w220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These ran for less than 2 years - think about only 170 sold in UK (about 8 per month)
Every little noise would cause sleepless nights.... still tempting though!
£260 VED ain't too bad

Every little noise would cause sleepless nights.... still tempting though!

lol, if there is as much as a mouse squeek you hear it driving the s600 and the parts like suspension, coil packs etc at 1k a go make you think wow. I mean 3k seriously just take 4 parts from it put it on ebay and your quids in.

Talk about a lot of car for the money,I would love it but scared the hell from the maintenance :eek:
2000 MERCEDES-BENZ S CLASS S600L 4dr Auto Saloon

It would be a crime to strip it, BUT,why not run it till it gives trouble? the windows + Motors would give you near your money back, sell the shocks,wheels,coil packs,blah blah ££££££££££ My garage is full or I would be all over it.

S600

Out of interest I spoke to the seller yesterday.
It was taken in P/X
Apparently it has full history - has had suspension work (with bills to prove)
Don't know about coil packs. Is it a given they give trouble? Does full history make any difference to this? (I don't know!)
Very little (?) rust on one wing and some bubbling on both rear arches none on doors or boot etc.
HPI clear

Didn't sound too bad...........I was half tempted in making an offer!

As I don't know about coil packs that did scare me - but if thats an issue, do they ever come second hand or is that just asking for more trouble!?

These engines don't have HT leads, they have one coil pack per side and it a long strip with 12 plug caps. It's quite common to develop a misfire.

The cure usually is the replace the coilpacks, they are about £1000 each. MB also recommend you change the control pack which is another £600.

Buying used ones doesn't seem like a good idea, they will most likely have the same issues.

Unless the oil cooler has been replaced it is not even worth considering. That job is a few thousand ££££ liability waiting to happen

If you were lucky enough to get a year out of it and sell some of the parts off it on eBay as said, I think you'd be doing well.

However, any more than £3k and it starts to get too risk.

I'd probably take a punt on it in a different situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom