S63 AMg or C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deadeye1212

Car
S350 CDI
Well it looks like am a glutton for punishment. I owend for a fee week an S350 CDI AMG and had nothing but problems. So much so the dealer baught the car back.

I still have the itch for the Luxurious wnd of the market and am now looking at either an S63 or CL63. Cars im looking at are 2007 2008 and between 75000 miles and 95000 miles. Im loiking for advice on what i should be looking out for, any concerns etc. Ive been told coil packs are an issue and also gearboxes are an issue. Basically im looking for help. It could be i just walk away and leace the itch un scratched.

Thanks in advance

Well it looks like am a glutton for punishment. I owend for a fee week an S350 CDI AMG and had nothing but problems. So much so the dealer baught the car back.

I still have the itch for the Luxurious wnd of the market and am now looking at either an S63 or CL63. Cars im looking at are 2007 2008 and between 75000 miles and 95000 miles. Im loiking for advice on what i should be looking out for, any concerns etc. Ive been told coil packs are an issue and also gearboxes are an issue. Basically im looking for help. It could be i just walk away and leace the itch un scratched.

Thanks in advance
i’m not aware of any issues regarding coil packs or gearboxes on the models you’re looking at. The early M156 engine (that’s the code for the 6.2 engine) does have some well known issues which don’t affect all cars but which do get a lot of airtime online.

Issues are reported on the head bolts, valve buckets and cam adjusters. Try to buy a car which has had preventative maintenance work already done, and with the best possible service history. This will give you the best possible confidence in then car.

I would suggest keeping a healthy reserve for these repairs (say £5k), so that you can deal with issues if they occur, and add to the deposit on your nest car if they don’t. It’s an incredible engine, you will not be disappointed.

If you are looking at a Cl then for similar money to a 63 you could consider a facelift CL 500 with the twin turbo 4.7 engine. Great engine, excellent performance and fewer visits to the gas station. And in my view at least a far better looking car without the bubble front arches.

Thanks in advance
Blimey Deadeye long time no see! Take it you've given up detailing. Plenty of CL63's knocking around Blackpool to choose from. You'll be spoilt for choice.

Blimey Deadeye long time no see! Take it you've given up detailing. Plenty of CL63's knocking around Blackpool to choose from. You'll be spoilt for choice.
No not given up. Just moved and also have to be closed during lockdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom