S63 Brakes and Pads - recommended online retailer!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SIS

Car
S63 AMG
Hello All,

My 2011 S63 AMG brake discs and pads need changing (fronts absolutely do) and I'd be grateful for any recommendations as to where to go to source them at a reasonable price. Mercedes quoted me £2289 for the front and (surprisingly) £2488 for the rear. Eye watering amounts. Perfectly happy sourcing them online and getting them fitted separately. I am up near Bradford in West Yorkshire. All help and advice gratefully received! Thanks.

If you are OK with aftermarket brands, RockAuto are very reliable with excellent prices.
I ordered brake pads for my previous E63 and they arrived within a week. Cheap delivery prices too with no import charges.

Have a good look around. The site isn't the easiest to navigate.

Hello All,

My 2011 S63 AMG brake discs and pads need changing (fronts absolutely do) and I'd be grateful for any recommendations as to where to go to source them at a reasonable price. Mercedes quoted me £2289 for the front and (surprisingly) £2488 for the rear. Eye watering amounts. Perfectly happy sourcing them online and getting them fitted separately. I am up near Bradford in West Yorkshire. All help and advice gratefully received! Thanks.
Get in touch with Richard Hollings in York, honest and ethical. Fair prices too.

Reactions: SIS
Most genuine parts are cheaper in the USA so it is worth checking Pelican Parts, FCP Euro and USA based main dealers' sites for quotes. It works out cheaper even with delivery and customs factored in if you are happy to wait 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: SIS
Most genuine parts are cheaper in the USA so it is worth checking Pelican Parts, FCP Euro and USA based main dealers' sites for quotes. It works out cheaper even with delivery and customs factored in if you are happy to wait 2-3 weeks.
Mercedes had quoted me £5,100 for replacement of all discs and pads which made me wince. I bought Kinetix parts which looked to have decent ratings for practically a quarter of that. Totally understand they might not last like the real thing but that is one heck of a difference! I went to a couple of the places people had kindly recommended on this thread for the real thing but no availability at all for ages. Did not know when they would actually come in and I needed them now.

Over 5k for discs and pads is mad (carbon discs excepted) .... even at a quarter (£1500?) it's a bit silly...I take it that was fitted.

I had Rear Discs & Pads on the Bentley fitted by Bentley Cambridge for £800.00

Over 5k for discs and pads is mad (carbon discs excepted) .... even at a quarter (£1500?) it's a bit silly...I take it that was fitted.
The parts were £1,200 and the fitting extra, done at my local garage. But that is the problem. Parking brake won't engage and terrible whirring sound when driving along so suspect they did a rush job. Car going back into them on Monday...

I had Rear Discs & Pads on the Bentley fitted by Bentley Cambridge for £800.00
Wowzers! That's what I call a bargain. Mercedes wanted more for the rear than the front ones which are bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom