S65 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rOckyAMG

SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: ML63 PP Hers: CLA45 PREV: E63 W212, Edition 507 x 2, ML63 AMG, C63 AMG PPP, CLA45 AMG
I am considering one - anything to look out for?

Which variety, W220, W221 or W222?? The main thing with any of the V12s is coil packs! Very temperamental and very costly new, there are "refurb" options available though. If it's a W220 then ABC is the other main potential issue, on later models it's a tad more robust. Other than that, decent service history is a must, especially where the transmission is concerned, but no different to any other S Class really.

I have the S65 Cab
Wonderful!!

Which variety, W220, W221 or W222?? The main thing with any of the V12s is coil packs! Very temperamental and very costly new, there are "refurb" options available though. If it's a W220 then ABC is the other main potential issue, on later models it's a tad more robust. Other than that, decent service history is a must, especially where the transmission is concerned, but no different to any other S Class really.

Good question - I am leaning towards the W222 - Also, thinking maybe a coupe but would be open to a saloon.

Good question - I am leaning towards the W222 - Also, thinking maybe a coupe but would be open to a saloon.
Not much to worry about there then, the coupes are stunning.

Luck !!! Only two in the UK we think

Two sold went to Dubai

The coupes are great too

They are just stunning
I bought an S63 cab only to see the S65 three weeks later !!

They do not compare

Agreed on the warranty
If anything goes wrong …. Big money

And on the older cars as so few were made I’m told parts are a challenge to source sometimes

Agree re: warranty!! That is a good shout.

One on Autotrader - S65 Coupe

With an MB dealer so 2 year warranty

If my lottery numbers come in then the big coupe is very much on the radar, lovely lovely things.

sadly, a world away in financial terms for me otherwise. Buying it is one thing, running it (properly) is a whole other thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom